Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N-Resort Jamaica

We'll be there from 16 to 23 January with two other couples. We are all long-time Hedo folks and will be able to provide a realistic and factual report for everyone.

We will be at N for 3 nights, starting January 25th.
    We love H2 (and previous H3) and interested to see how this will compare.
    I visited N for a few hours back in early December and liked what I saw.
    We are naturists, more or less, enjoy being naked and having fun/drinking whatever ... but not swingerists as someone previously noted.
    I think what I'll miss from H2 is the theme dress up nights ... N has a great piano bar for night time fun and alot of potential moving forward for other nightly activities.
    Management is strong in their beliefs that N IS NOT an hedonistic resort, but a naturistic resort, with alot of fun mixed in.
    Great hearing other viewpoints and of people with similar interests as ours wanting to stay at N.
    Last edited by pblacoe; 01-19-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I found this site, had a lot of nice reviews, till the most recent…..

http://www.reviewresorts.com/N-Jamaica-Nude-Resort.asp

Quote Originally Posted by deb&john View Post
    I found this site, had a lot of nice reviews, till the most recent…..

http://www.reviewresorts.com/N-Jamaica-Nude-Resort.asp
    I have read mostly positive comments on here, Dennyp and that site...until the last review which is so over-the-top and contrary to anything else I have read that it is hard to take seriously.

It's pertty clear that it was the first time the Kim from Texas was out of the states . We loved the place .

I just read that trip report, either Kim is incredibly hard to please or it is a completely bogus report. I have a feeling they are just really hard to please because a lot of what they complain about are things that we noticed and have been mentioned in other reports. I can tell you that I am not a travel agent and I received nothing for writing my trip report! We have been to H2 several times, H3 once and Desire Los Cobos, I can say for certain that the staff at N worked harder to please than any place we've been. I would also say they worked harder to keep the beach clean than at H2, even though Augustus (I think that was his name) worked hard he was the only one you usually saw raking, at N every morning when we walked the beach for breakfast we walked a freshly raked beach. Our food was MUCH better than H2, even though we never complained about the food at H2, we didn't have as many choices at N but the quality was far better. I actually ate and enjoyed things at N that I didn't like at all at H2, like curried goat.
    The report also refers to the manager as "she", the manager is not a woman. The entertainment manager is, but not the general manager......hmmm, maybe the report is bogus?

Quote Originally Posted by GBSoren View Post
    I just read that trip report, either Kim is incredibly hard to please or it is a completely bogus report. I have a feeling they are just really hard to please because a lot of what they complain about are things that we noticed and have been mentioned in other reports. I can tell you that I am not a travel agent and I received nothing for writing my trip report! We have been to H2 several times, H3 once and Desire Los Cobos, I can say for certain that the staff at N worked harder to please than any place we've been. I would also say they worked harder to keep the beach clean than at H2, even though Augustus (I think that was his name) worked hard he was the only one you usually saw raking, at N every morning when we walked the beach for breakfast we walked a freshly raked beach. Our food was MUCH better than H2, even though we never complained about the food at H2, we didn't have as many choices at N but the quality was far better. I actually ate and enjoyed things at N that I didn't like at all at H2, like curried goat.
    The report also refers to the manager as "she", the manager is not a woman. The entertainment manager is, but not the general manager......hmmm, maybe the report is bogus?
    I noted the mamager discrepancy as well...the report just sounded bogus to me from start to finish...thanks for all your positive commentary, we have booked a few days at "N" in a few weeks for see for ourselves...we are H2 vets looking for something a little different this trip (better food - for me, less frat party atmosphere - for my SO).

We just returned from N-Resort

Kim from Texas had alot of truths in her review, but she was over the top. She didn't mention how wonderful 99% of the staff was. They really tried hard to please. I think she was referring to the woman that watched the bar as the manager. Actually the managers are two men. The pool was cold, but fine after you got used to it. She enjoyed many water volleyball games in that "cold" pool. The food wasn't gourmet, but some dishes were quite good. Steaks were bad, so stick with the sea food or the curried goat ( yummy ). Remarks about the drinks were right on - so we ordered twice as many to compensate.

Basically, we enjoyed ourselves. I'm sure they will improve with time.

Quote Originally Posted by SallynRobb View Post
    Kim from Texas had alot of truths in her review, but she was over the top. She didn't mention how wonderful 99% of the staff was. They really tried hard to please. I think she was referring to the woman that watched the bar as the manager. Actually the managers are two men. The pool was cold, but fine after you got used to it. She enjoyed many water volleyball games in that "cold" pool. The food wasn't gourmet, but some dishes were quite good. Steaks were bad, so stick with the sea food or the curried goat ( yummy ). Remarks about the drinks were right on - so we ordered twice as many to compensate.

Basically, we enjoyed ourselves. I'm sure they will improve with time.
    Help me here...you agreed with a lot of Kim's review, but you enjoyed yourselves ? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction since her review essentially stated that "N" was the resort from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
    Help me here...you agreed with a lot of Kim's review, but you enjoyed yourselves ? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction since her review essentially stated that "N" was the resort from hell.
    JW1,

I’ll try to explain. My wife and I were there at the same time Sally and Robb were and they are a great couple. It was the week/weekend before Valentines Day and it was estimated the resort was up to about 75 people (apparently a high number for this resort). Bottom line, it seemed like a lot of the N employees are new and short staffed, they simply became overwhelmed with the number of guests they had to take care of.

In Kim’s post, she was right about a number of things: tap water in tupperware containers in your room fridge, poor/no water/no hot water pressure in the shower (depending on how many other rooms in your block are using water at the same time), watered down drinks at the pool bar (I actually witnessed the bartender use 1/2 banana for 6 dirty bananas and minimal alcohol), mediocre food, lousy entertainment, etc., etc.

We knew going in not to expect Iberostar Resort type accommodations, but the service at N was very disappointing.

With all that said, we still had great stay. I believe N Resort’s location, rooms and beach area is nice. We met a lot of friendly and awesome people from all over which IMHO was the best part of the vacation. And finally......it was warm and we were naked. What more can you ask for?

If the service improves, this could be an excellent resort.

Quote Originally Posted by EnriqueK View Post
    JW1,

I’ll try to explain. My wife and I were there at the same time Sally and Robb were and they are a great couple. It was the week/weekend before Valentines Day and it was estimated the resort was up to about 75 people (apparently a high number for this resort). Bottom line, it seemed like a lot of the N employees are new and short staffed, they simply became overwhelmed with the number of guests they had to take care of.

In Kim’s post, she was right about a number of things: tap water in tupperware containers in your room fridge, poor/no water/no hot water pressure in the shower (depending on how many other rooms in your block are using water at the same time), watered down drinks at the pool bar (I actually witnessed the bartender use 1/2 banana for 6 dirty bananas and minimal alcohol), mediocre food, lousy entertainment, etc., etc.

We knew going in not to expect Iberostar Resort type accommodations, but the service at N was very disappointing.

With all that said, we still had great stay. I believe N Resort’s location, rooms and beach area is nice. We met a lot of friendly and awesome people from all over which IMHO was the best part of the vacation. And finally......it was warm and we were naked. What more can you ask for?

If the service improves, this could be an excellent resort.
    Enrique,

Thanks for the clarification...we are going to visit in a few weeks and will post a trip report after we return.
    Last edited by JW1; 02-20-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Hope you have a great trip! Just go in knowing it is still a work in progress. Looking forward to see what you think!

Enrique.........looking forward to your views on the resort...... We plan to go in June but want to feel assured this resort will still be open.

Quote Originally Posted by dosequisluvr View Post
    Enrique.........looking forward to your views on the resort...... We plan to go in June but want to feel assured this resort will still be open.
    Wasn't planning on a full trip report, but I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

Back home after 2 great, relaxing weeks from Feb.9th to 23rd at N.

The resort is small, the wood buildings make it feel almost cottage like.
    The rooms are spacious and clean and bright, equipped with all essentials, we did not use the A/C.
    The king-size bed is very comfortable and has a mosquito net.
    Our balcony overlooked the beach with a breathtaking view of the ocean,
    watching fishing boats and cruise ships glide by.

The walk ways around the resort almost feel like a jungle walk,
    with mature vegetation: palm-,banana-trees, bushes and more with blooming flowers.

The pool area is quite large with lots of space for loungers, has some sun- umbrellas,
    and shady spots, depending on the time of day.
    A 2-story building houses the swim-up bar/grill and dining room,
    stairs from the pool area on both sides lead to the second floor to access the slide into the pool.
    Upstairs is used as a book-exchange -game room.
    Two Jacuzzi’s flank the pool near the stairs, and helped us relax in the late afternoon and at night.
    These are drained ,cleaned and refilled every morning and warmed up by late afternoon.
    The complete pool area is divided from the beach by a half wood, half glass wall,
    which shields against the almost always blowing warm Caribbean winds.
    The beach is sandy and actually two bays divided by the sun-pier, equipped with loungers and picnic tables.

A swarm of gardeners keep beach and walkways clean.

A short walk from the pool away is the main dining room with bar and upstairs Italian restaurant.
    Nightly entertainment is also in the main dining room till 22:00 hrs.

After that, the piano bar opens, and sometimes the disco was working,
    which we did not visit, since it felt too enclosed for us.
    (we liked the original upstairs disco at HB)

Good food is an important part of our vacation, and we really enjoyed the variety.
    Food is available from early in the morning to after midnight
    in a very good variety and quality for every taste.
    Chef Martin does an awesome job, catering to individual whishes.
    Vegetarians and allergy sufferers don't have a problem to find or get good food.
    Supper is mainly buffet style, but a few times a week "a'la carte",
    which is presented as in first class restaurants.
    The only disappointment was the steak; eat that at home, on the other hand,
    the beef stew is excellent, also the ox tail, and goat stew are worth mentioning.
    Seafood lovers can indulge, and then the deserts...mmmmh.
    The wine card needs some additions.

Drinks are always available, regular or mixed to your specification,
    even a pina colada without alcohol on special order, or you can drink so much,
    that K.., you are so drunk all the time, that you forget how nice your stay at N was.........

But the real factor that made our stay at N comfortable, is the staff.
    They all are very friendly, helpful, and tried to accommodate us.
    Michael and Goeffry as bartenders, Venus and Chantell of the entertainment staff,
    and the whole kitchen and restaurant staff "made" our stay.

Having experienced Eden Bay,H3,been big HB fans,
    N, though still a work in progress ,is at the top of our list now.
    We enjoyed every minute of our stay at N.
    We will be back!

To sum it up:
    Warm Jamaican weather, friendly Jamaican people and staff, small resort with a relaxed feeling,
    and good food too. Not to mention the other open minded, friendly guests.

Other things we liked:
    Courtesy snorkel tour in glass-bottom boat, shopping trip to a mall in MoBay,
    Our walks along the beach past "My time'n place".

N is not a "lifestyle" and or 24/7 party resort, but a place to enjoy being nude in a relaxed environment.
    Don’t worry, be happy!!

AJ & Manfred

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast