Thread: Negril sightseeing...

Negril sightseeing...

Hii, I will be at hedo II from Sept 4th - 7th. I was also looking for some local sighseeing tour in Negril but don't know which one will be good. Can anyone please suggest which trip is good and which agency should I hire the trip from. I also heard about security issues in sightseeing, so can anyone suggested a trusted tour company which you have taken and had a nice tour.....How are the ones organized by the hotels.

Also for shopping what things are best to buy from Jamaica....any ideas will be welcome.

If you want to take an off-campus trip go to the travel desk close to reception and see what they are offering when you are there. Take the cat cruise (nude on Wednesday I think) or the sunset cruise. Find who's taking the cruises by asking around and book on the pier just before you leave (in case the weather turns, or the crowd looks like a dud)

What security issues? You are in Jamaica, not the wild west, and you will not be going to Kingston. So forget about security issues -- there are none! You are about to meet some of the nicest (if at times pushy) people ever.

To take home: coffee and more coffee: Blue Mountain Beans. Duty free is quite good, so long as you do not need to change planes in the US. If you do -- no bottles. Cuban cigars. Possibly a watch or jewelry from the on-campus duty free (we took home an excellent value name brand watch). Haggle. Otherwise save your cash for the next trip.

Don't over plan your trip: you'll be way too busy having fun with your new friends.

PNK

We'll see you there!

We'll be there from August 30th to Sept 6th - and like the others said, don't overplan your trip! You'll be having waaayyyy too much fun at the resort anyway :-)

3 days there is a blink of an eye. Enjoy the resort and walk the beach for as long. If you want take ride up to Ricks and watch the divers, see the sunset. Sunsets on the cliffs are just beautiful..
    But like the others have said make some friends and enjoy. You may find that you don't have time to see anything.
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/BostonMel/random%20board%20crap/crazyph.gif

www.crzyphckers.com

Can't wait to get home!!!!!

Definitely to short of a vacation to plan trips off the resort.Try walking down the prude beach and through the gate and keep going until you hit some of the little mom & pop bars and grills,Margarittaville and some of the other places,then stroll back to the Z00 and keep partying.Negril has alot of fun to be had but you need a longer vacation to enjoy it all so just get a taste and then book your next vacation!!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Thank you all for the suggesstions...I admit its quite short for a hedo trip (did not get a bigger vacation from office!!). So I am not planning anything, just keeping options open. I will surely go to the Ricks for sunset. I am finding a combined tour of YS falls and black river safari...has anyone taken these? Also how are the horse back ride tours?

badkittysd - I will surely see you there.

Talk of the town tours is a solid good company, with excellent reviews based in Negril. I would go with them. Google them.
    Hedo2 Nov. 2007
    Hedo 2 Nov. 2008
    WWV OCT 31 -NOV 7 2009
    Hedo 2 Oct 30-Nov. 6 2010

PLEASE TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!!

The airport is a really good place to do shopping. You get there a little early anyway. The prices are really good too, much better then I expected. That's where I ended up getting most of my stuff for the kids.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    The airport is a really good place to do shopping. You get there a little early anyway. The prices are really good too, much better then I expected. That's where I ended up getting most of my stuff for the kids.
    You're right. We never got out of the airport without dropping a couple hundred. The stuff is varied and the prices are good.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    You're right. We never got out of the airport without dropping a couple hundred. The stuff is varied and the prices are good.
    Plus you don't have to lug everything around the whole trip. We just leave space and prepare for the airport and buy everything there.

NB

Quote Originally Posted by jam_rocks View Post
    Also for shopping what things are best to buy from Jamaica....any ideas will be welcome.
    The local farmers grow some interesting stuff... but I would not try to bring any of that back!

While we were at Hedo 3 we picked up some authentic Nyabinghi drums from the local open-air craft market. I imagine that Negril has a similar market where locals hand-make things like these drums:

The local markets and stores are totally safe and the locals are very nice. You will be asked repeatedly to "please look at their stuff", but they are just trying hard to earn some money - most of them really need the cash.