Thread: Rio Bueno -- could leave it

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Rio Bueno -- could leave it

Just got back from a 5 night trip to Breezes Rio Bueno. The good things: almost all staff is friendly, accomodating and there to service you -- even as far as jumping in the pool to play volleyball with you; the food at lunch is awesome -- especially the lamb chops; the atmosphere on the textile side (AKA prude side) was much more of a party one during this trip. The nicest thing is that my hubby and I met some great people on the au naturel side. Shout out to you Dave/Lisa, Sal/Mayra, and Greg/Vicky.

The bad things: None of the facilities, other than your rooms, are air conditioned so when you dance, you are sweating EVERYWHERE; the entertainment on the au natural side was bleak at best. The dance party consisted of one of the employees opening up his computer and playing his downloaded I tunes (they weren't bad -- thank GOD!) In fact, the only entertainment was the volleyball and lunch time trivia. Now maybe this had to do with the fact that there were maybe 10 couples in total on that side -- including us. In addition, when we got there, we upgraded to the au natural side, not knowing that there was an upcharge to stay on that side (my fault -- I didn't see the disclaimer on the website.) However, the textile side was overbooked so they put people over at the au natural side without the extra $500 I paid -- fair??? I think not! As for the actual accomodations, well lets just say that they need some upgrading (plastic couches). The beds were comfy though and mostly clean. The air conditioner in your room either blew right at you or you turned it off. Suffice it to say, I don't know that I'd go back. There are too many other places to try and this definitely did not knock my sox off.

Thanls DonnMarie for your report. This doesn't sound like a replacment for Hedo III unless you have a group take over. Maybe its OK for your first adult resorts? It seem us Hedo freaks could get board. http://www.online-travel-agent-oppor...sm_resort.html

Blog Entries
    I definitely agree. My hubby's 50th is in July and I am either putting together a giant bash in Desire or Hedo. Aaaah,,, even if you do have a group takeover, the parties suck and are not "club" worthy like those in Desire or Hedo. It is a great place to go if it is your first experience with getting naked in front of others.