Thread: AWOL 2010, The Party Continues...

AWOL 2010, The Party Continues...

H-III, 7/29 to 8/7, The Final Trip Home…

We spent from 7/24 to 7/29 at H-II with our friends Brad and Elaine. Our shuttle to the airport from H-II was uneventful. They took us around to the backside of the taxi area as we had arranged to meet our driver, Courtney, to take us to H-III. Luckily our shuttle driver called our taxi and let him know we were a bit ahead of schedule and he hurried to get there before the vultures snatched his fare. The Thursday morning ride was a blast and we were there in way less than an hour. $80 well spent and we will do it again.

Friends that had arrived earlier in the week met us in the lobby. No rest for the weary it was time to get AWOL week going.

Thursday and Friday saw about 2/3 of our group arrive and we joined in with our friends from CTI so the party started early.

Saturday in the lobby was spent meeting most of the rest of the gang, dulling out the AWOL gift bags and thanks to Nick, pitcher after pitcher of WooWoo’s were consumed.

Sunday was a slow day, not so many arrivals, a good recovery day.

Monday we had our first official AWOL function, our friends J/J invited us all to their wedding, loved the flower girl and then the AWOL Sunset Social from atop the Reggae Café. The resort put out a spread like none other and provided us with not one, but two bartenders. AWOL members were encouraged to bring a bottle of their favorite liquor from home to share with the rest of the group, Nick called it the Booze Buffet and the title fit appropriately. We said our hellos to our new friends and welcomed back our old ones too. We said good-bye to our friend Phil who was called home for a higher purpose. We laughed, we cried and we laughed again. We drank until the sunset and then we drank some more, off to dinner, Piano Bar and disco.

Tuesday was our Naughty Gift Exchange, always a fun time. Still waiting for that single lady to send us the pix of her using a toy that can best be described as ginormous…lol..

Tuesday night was PJ Night in the disco and AWOL took much rum home that night. We also accented in Glow as it was AWOL’s Glow Night. Once again we lit the resort up paying special attention to the tree next to the nude pool. My highlight that night was preparing the glow sticks so that our designated throwing dude, Brad, could launch them to the tree. New AWOLer Trish was sitting at the nude bar next to me making the circles and had laid out a bunch of glow stix, I reached to grab one and like a mother bear protecting her cub, Trish let out this blood curdling “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”, I looked down to pay attention and she had spelled out AWOL in glow stix, a picture of this is posted on FB under the web mistress’s ID if you would like to see it.

Wednesday was AWOL Nude Cruise Day, hosted by Brad and Elaine, another great trip I am told, we have a rule in AWOL….”If you don’t go, you don’t get to know” and the folks have pretty much honored that saying…to our frustration of course…lol…this was also our 2nd of 3 AWOL theme nights, ABC…Anything But Clothes…lots of great costumes to see…

Thursday saw another AWOL wedding, thanks to S/M for the invites, and for thinking of your guests, the hand fans were FANFRIGGINTASTIC!!!! Group awards night was a blast. AWOLers of the Year went to Tracy and to a group of friends, Trish, Mit (Yes I know, you had to be there), Tanya and Blind Guy. AWOL funny money was distributed in $200 increments to 3 lucky couples (K/S, J/K and J/D) and 1 lucky single gal (D), good towards their 2011 trip with AWOL. We gave away 2, 3 night comps. One courtesy of the resort and the other from Hosts Nick and Kitty, who won the repeaters party and then gave the comp to the group. The winners were M/T and J/J.

Friday was AWOL’s last official day on the resort; we spent the week gathering up all the school supplies and had designated this as the “give it to the resort” day. Once again the gang came thru with more stuff than you can find at Wal-Mart, ok, maybe not that much but you get the idea, lots and lots and lots of stuff. We have always designated that our supplies be given to the resort staff that take care of us instead of a local school simply because not all of the employee’s children go to those schools. The Employee Association came to our room and collected them. On this, our last day, we once again were brought to tears. We have stayed in the same suite for the last 5 years or so and have had the same room attendant, Fiona. She has done some amazing towel art for us and Nick/Kitty, our suite mates. She out did herself, these photos can also be found on the web mistress’s FB account.

Friday was our last official theme night. A former group leader, AWOL member, and friend, K or B or whatever you would like to be called, came up with the idea of sending H-III off with a funeral., an idea that was well received by the members. The theme was dress in black and we were going to do a Nawlins style funeral parade. Friends S/A made a really cool coffin, pics available on the afore mentioned web mistress’s FB page, the resort built a really nice bonfire on the beach and we were set. The procession started by the volleyball nets between the 700/800 buildings, along the boardwalk, by the nude pool. We went between the Quad and the 600/700 buildings, under the Porte-cochere. Through the lobby, by the Main Bar across the bridge and out to the prude beach. The host couples were all dressed in Grim Reaper type clothes and we even had a little ghost with us. We started with about 50 AWOL folks and by the end, staff members, and other resort guests had joined in. By the time we reached the beach there were close to 100 folks involved. Once on the beach, we put “Wilson” in the coffin and said good bye to him and thanked him for his many years of service to us in the nude pool. We tossed off our “Reaper” garb and even the ghost was more than happy to get naked. Underneath our little ghost was a brand new Baby Hedo II…

Who to thank, the list is to long, Nick and Kitty for the many years of friendship, words can not express my thoughts. Brad and Elaine, who joined us for their first trip to Hedo III in 2008 and this year for the first time came back as hosts…I am sorry…lol…to my lovely wife, who has given me an even greater love of AC/DC and who, if not for her, I would never have found Hedo III for the first time in 2001. The rest of the folks are far to many to name individually, they brought music and they brought things for the gift bags and they stayed in the lobby to meet folks when they could have been partying their collective asses off. If I tried to name you all I am sure I would forget someone, so…to our friends, to all of those who are known as AWOLers…to the people who make AWOL what it is…we thank you. And hope that you choose to join us next year for …

AWOL 2011, Devastated But Relocated, The Party Continues...

at Hedo II, 7/30 to 8/6, 2011…

Now accepting reservations…

To the resort staff who we have come to know better than our next door neighbors, we at AWOL HQ thank you. For giving us your time for the last 10 years, we are grateful. For letting us get to know not only you, but also your families, we thank you. Serena, Ionie, Michelle, Diana, Lance, Christine, Chef John, Fiona, King George…and the list goes on and on and on, we will miss you more than you can possibly imagine…

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful trip report!
    Celebrating 10 Years of Spring Fling Fun at Hedo in 2018!

Virgin Trip Hedo III 4/10-17/2008
    New Years Eve, Dec.26 to Jan 3, 2009 Bare Bottom Bunch
    Fred's 60th Birthday Celebration 07/16-21/2009
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling April 2009 - 2017
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling 04/07 ~ 04/14/2018

kitten & angel's 10th Anniversary Spring Fling 2018 - April 07~14
    http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    What a GREAT trip report! Your emotion came though in your report. Thank you for submitting it.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Thanks Fred and Patti, CnG, glad you liked it.

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    H-III, 7/29 to 8/7, The Final Trip Home…

Tuesday was our Naughty Gift Exchange, always a fun time. Still waiting for that single lady to send us the pix of her using a toy that can best be described as ginormous…lol..
    .....…
    When this gift was first passed back to the original recipient, Lou came up with my "line of the week"...............he said, "Its previous owner ate hay". Classic, Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by JamVac View Post
    When this gift was first passed back to the original recipient, Lou came up with my "line of the week"...............he said, "Its previous owner ate hay". Classic, Lou.
    lol...indeed...

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

That great .im living in Viet nam but not conditional. i want