Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The End at Hedo III

The End at Hedo III

We rode it out to the bitter end. Probably ate the last plate of chicken nachos prepared by John at the end of his last day. Saw Omar and Xtasy play their last song (to about 4 of us) which was "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane". Omar wept. Did a few laps around the property Saturday night late, and it was dead. There was extra security around because a few groups had lifted some Hedo memorabilia. Jamaica Booze Crew had the place lively and it fun hanging with them and the Tantric Hearts folks. Most of them were gone Saturday, and Saturday night was somewhat depressing. Hedo went out with a wimper. Lots of employees out of work, not knowing if they have a job to come back to in 2 months. They were trying to sell their name tags for extra money. They hustled everyone out by 11:00 AM Sunday. More on this later.

Blog Entries
    We will miss you Hedonism 3. Remembering all the good times, glad we were able to be with you one last time for one final going away party.

It is depressing to hear about the final day, but thank you for sharing with us.

It is even more depressing that anyone would deface the property. Even if it is closing down, Hedo 3 was the mistress that we all loved, and she should be respected for what she gave us over the years.

We will miss the employees more than anything. There was already a sense of loss and a lot of tears three weeks ago.
    Last edited by hare2party; 08-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Hey...

Yeah, Mrs. Woof and I were there for the bitter end too.

Doc, I think you and I sat there at the main bar and pretty much closed it down Saturday night. (admittedly I was downing glass after glass of water by that point in the evening.)

But, yeah. It was like a ghost town. Very surreal.

I'm in the process of writing a more detailed trip report right now, But it may be a few days before I've managed to get all of my thoughts organized and down on paper (ok, keyboard)

And whatever you do, do not listen to THIS : http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/c1a8ae620
    Whilst reading these "the end of Hedo" posts and threads. Because that's what I've been doing, and now you're about to see a grown man cry....

Last edited by Woofie; 08-16-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    "I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead" J. Buffett

Redacted
    Last edited by EastWest; 06-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

That is sad to hear how H3 went out. We went in July 09 and had the best vacation ever! Now the resort wasn't five star but the memories that we have of the place are. Can't wait to get the H2 and make some more.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now we will all be one big happy Hedo family at H2! :-)

Thanks for the update! We have been to Hedo II 7 times and went to Hedo III for the First time last fall and It appeared to be getting ready for a change. I'm sure Hedo II will get even busier which is waht they wanted.http://online-travel-agent-opportuni...sm_resort.html

Mark?, is that you? you water drinking sob

Docwillie, I stayed until the end too. H3 was so much quieter than I'm used to. I thought it would go out with a bang vice a wimper. AWOL and the Jamaican Booze Cruise kept it as lively as possible. Once they last of them left Saturday morning, the place was dead. So sad. Oh well, I'm taking myself to H2 next time and will be looking for all the fun people. Hang in there! Cy

Yeah, it's me...

And even with all that water, I STILL had a nasty hangover all day Sunday. LOL
    "I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead" J. Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by cycarter View Post
    Docwillie, I stayed until the end too. H3 was so much quieter than I'm used to. I thought it would go out with a bang vice a wimper. AWOL and the Jamaican Booze Cruise kept it as lively as possible. Once they last of them left Saturday morning, the place was dead. So sad. Oh well, I'm taking myself to H2 next time and will be looking for all the fun people. Hang in there! Cy
    hey cyrus..fun time hangin with you...hope to see u next year with the booze crew at H2

Quote Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
    Yeah, it's me...

And even with all that water, I STILL had a nasty hangover all day Sunday. LOL
    well, we had plenty that afternoon, we have to do it all again soon

Just heard the news. Been a very busy summer for us and havn't been on in awhile. I'm so very glad we made the trip last Feb. Sorry to all the folks that lost the place they loved.
    Hang in there.

Glad we made a trip in April. Met some great friends always a great time in the four trips we have made to Hedo3. Will miss the place

thank

thank you for sharing

Vietnam Travel, Vietnam Tours, Halong Cruises. Sapa tours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast