Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H2 trip report, and a comparison between H2 and H3

H2 trip report, and a comparison between H2 and H3

We are a married couple in our 30’s and were at Hedo 2 from January 23-30, 2006, we are also in the lifestyle.

The first thing that we noticed when we landed in Mo Bay was the airport had changed. We were not required to exit the plane and walk across the tarmac to the terminal, in the last year they have added gates at the airport. We also noticed that they changed their customs area….it is still in the same place but they had reorganized it and we got thru customs in about 5 minutes…..we were shocked. We went to the Superclubs welcome lobby and waited about 10 minutes for our bus ride. When we were going to the bus and individual decided that they needed a smoke (cigs) and went to find a smoking area…..this took about 20 minutes and annoyed some of us that were waiting for them.

The bus ride to the resort was long, and not a lot of fun. We did make a stop for a beer on the way (we also bought a beer at the airport and brought it on the bus). It took about an hour and a half to get to the resort. We did meet two other nice couples on the bus ride, which made the ride somewhat tolerable. Unfortunately, we also met our first Vinnie on the bus ride too. He embarrassed everybody on the bus. Besides the Jamaican bus driver, there was another Jamaican sitting on the back of the bus (he also worked for the bus company). The Vinnie started making comments about things he saw, including “wow you have fire trucks in Jamaica, I thought that you just built things out of cement” and “Why don’t you people learn how to drive on the right side of the road….our roads at home are much better….you people are not very good at driving” and finally my favorite “Look at all those sh#$ houses, can you imagine that some people live there, they are an eye sore, why don’t you people learn how to build nice houses…..you should tear down all those crap houses and build nice ones”. As he kept going on and on he mentioned that he was from Canada…..I was thankful that he was not from the U.S (not that I have anything against my friends from up north...Eh), Another rider on the bus finally told the guy to shut up, the Vinnie acted like he was surprised that somebody would imply he was doing something wrong. We saw this fine individual a few more times during our trip…playing basketball by himself, eating by himself, and occasionally standing by the nude bar by himself….oh he was never nude on the nude side, he either wore shorts or a thong speedo.

Check in was fast, and we were given a room in the H block (nude garden view). We love the location. I guess that I will start to compare the resorts now. At H3 we also stayed in the garden view and loved that location too. More about the rooms later.

There are many differences and similarities between Hedo 2 and 3. As I stated earlier we are in the lifestyle and we went to Hedo 2 during January, which is lifestyles month, we went to Hedo 3 in the beginning of February 2005, and the end of January, 2004. (If anybody would like to check out our lifestyle profile, we are members of the Lifestyle Lounge, www.lifestylelounge.com our screen name is TOOHORNY. If you check out the site, you can use us as a referral and get a couple of weeks of free access) I guess every week is different, so our experience at 2 or 3 may not be typical, but here it goes. Although it was a lifestyle week when we went to H2, we did not know anybody else before hand. Both times at Hedo 3, we also went not knowing anybody, but there were not any groups at the resort either.

The Resorts
    Hedo 2 is a much larger resort; it has 50+ more rooms and is spread out more. The buildings are painted brown and black, which seems a little drab compared to the bright colors at Hedo 3. The rooms at 3 are great compared to 2. The rooms at 2 kind of reminded us of something you would find at a motel 6. The rooms were clean and we did not have any problems with hot water (we heard that Hedo 2 has had some major hot water issues). We also really liked the landscaping of 2. If anybody knows what the garden view area of 3 was like, most of Hedo 2 looked like that….very lush and beautiful. But in defense to Hedo 3, Hedo 2 has had 30+ more years to grow the trees and plants at the resort.

We also stayed in the H Block at Hedo 2, and love the location, but we did meet some people who’s room was in a building at the end of the prude side (farthest from the nude side), they did make a few comments about it taking a long time to walk across the resort to get to the nude beach. All the rooms at Hedo 3 are pretty close to everything.

The Beach
    The beach at Hedo 3 was not very good and not may people use it. I guess a few people used it on the prude side, but we were not over their very much to see how many people were there. The beach at Hedo 2 was awesome. The nude beach was a little courser than the prude beach but they were both great. Hedo 2 is on the end of Negrils 7 mile beach (actually it is only 4.5 miles, but people still call it a 7 mile beach). We met some people that would take a cab ride down a mile or two and walk the beach back to the resort. We never did that, but we put it on our list of “things to do next year”
    Hedo 2, also had a lot of people laying out on the nude beach, and floating in the ocean on blow up rafts. You may want to bring a blow up raft too, but I would recommend bringing a double raft….we brought singles and they were fine if, but the double wides were more fun. For those people that did not bring a raft (or those like us that brought ones we did not like), there were plenty of abandoned rafts left at the resort. Most people write their name and trip dates on their rafts and leave them when they go home. At H3 we did see a few people wading in the ocean, but not many swimming. Plus we did not see anybody with a raft. While at H2, we did see a couple of people who stepped on sea urchins while in the water and had to go to the nurse to get spines removed from their feet.…we also saw a stingray in about 2 feet of water. We would recommend wearing water shoes or sandals while in the ocean.

Pools,
    The nude pool area at Hedo 2 was much larger than 3. The hot tub was also a lot larger. The main pool at 3 is nicer and Hedo 2 does not have anything similar to the quad area that Hedo 3 has. We usually hung out at the nude pool at 3, but we would occasionally go over to the quad area….which we liked too….until the sun started setting and the quad building shadows started to chase people around. One similarity between the resorts is we really did not see anybody using the main pools at either resort. One thing that we liked at 2 was a bunch of little swimming pools and hot tubs spread around the resort. It was kind of fun to be walking around and be able to jump into a hot tub or a pool. The water slide is faster and longer at Hedo 2 than three. Hedo 2 also had a cool hot tub in with its water pouring out into the nude pool (kind of a waterfall). This was kind of a fun place to chat with people in the day….and if you could position yourself correctly by a jet….;-) Hedo 2 also had a wading pool that warmed up pretty fast and this was connected to a cave/gazebo thing. Hedo 3 also had one of these connected to the nude pool. Because the water warmed up faster in the shallow wading pool , there were a lot of people going into this area…..for a little play, but at 3 we rarely saw anybody go under the cave/gazebo thing. Both resorts had waterfalls covering their entrances, which was neat. This year, unlike our past trips, we really never had a problem getting a towel. We were surprised by this….we figured that the resort must have just got a bunch of new ones and put them all out.

Dining.
    This was a toss up. The Japanese restaurant at both places were the same….but at Hedo 2, the restaurant was connected to the main dining area….actually it was part of the main dining area, they just put the cooking stations in one corner of the dining area and called it a restaurant. We liked the way Hedo 3’s Japanese restaurant was set up better. The food at the Italian restaurant was fair at Hedo 3, but we found it excellent at Hedo 2. The buffet was about the same for both places. The scotch bonnet was great at Hedo 3….the service there was slow as hell, but we liked the food. The scotch bonnet at Hedo 2 had faster service, but had two different menus for lunch and dinner. At lunch they basically cook hamburgers and fries (kind of like the nude beach grill at Hedo 3), but at dinner they serve authentic Jamaican food. We were very excited to try this until we found out that their two specialties were curried goat and braised oxtail. We skipped our reservations and ate at the main dining hall that night. The Mr. also made the mistake of trying something in the main dining room that looked like the left over beef stir fry from the previous day. He said it tasted bad….really bad. We later found out it was goat liver…..remember do not eat anything in Jamaica that you do not know what it is. We also made the mistake of not making reservations at the restaurants far enough in advance. We should have booked reservations for the entire week on our first day, but we didn’t and we were not able to get reservations to dinner every night (you can always eat at the main dining room without reservations), unless we wanted to eat at the Scotch Bonnet. At Hedo 3 we usually made reservations for 4 people and then would invite some people that we met that day to have dinner with us. At 2 they would not let us make reservations for more than 2….if we wanted to make a larger reservation we had to bring the additional people to the reservation area…this was kind of annoying, but we dealt with it. The nude grill was a lot busier at Hedo 2 than 3. At 2 it is its own separate building about 10 feet away from the bar. Robert (the long time cook at the nude beach grill) was always in a good mood and chatted with people as he worked. At Hedo 3 it seemed like the nude grill was almost an after thought and the people cooking were kind of crabby. The food was about the same, except that Hedo 3 had a seafood salad that was great and Hedo 2 did not have any kind of salad.

The Staff

The bartenders at 3 were ok, but not great. The majority of the bartenders were a little better and friendlier at Hedo 2. The nude side has 2 main bartenders, Delroy and Scumby. These guys were great. I guess that they have been bartending at Hedo’s nude bar for years and they can remember the names of many of the repeat guests. The entertainment coordinators at Hedo 3 are much better than the ones at Hedo 2. The shows that were put on were about the same, but at Hedo 3 they seemed much more out going and friendly. We also noticed that many of the maintenance people would say hi to you and talk to you at Hedo 2. They seemed to pretty much ignore us at Hedo 3. The water sport staff were great at Hedo 3. We did notice that the staff for the water sports were kind of crabby….but we found out that Grand Lido Negril (the superclubs resort right next to Hedo 2), had a scuba diver go missing 2 days before we arrived……when we left he was still missing and the search for him was called off….we looked online when we got home and found out that he was from Michigan. This is probably why they were a little crabby. At H3 we would dive almost every day, the resort had nice dive gear, and a great boat. At H2, we only made one dive….because the crabbiness of the staff, the old slow dive boat, and equipment that was serviceable, but has seen better days.

The people.

Both the time we were at Hedo 3 the resort seemed a little slow (I am guessing about 60-65% occupancy). When we were at Hedo 2 the resort was full. We also noticed that the guests at Hedo 3 seemed to be a little younger and had a little less fat on them, but most of the people at Hedo 2 were a lot more outgoing. (There were still plenty of attractive people in shape at Hedo 2 and outgoing people at Hedo 3). Like I stated earlier, we were there during lifestyle week, and I assume the resort was a little more wild than normal. We also noticed that most of the guests at Hedo 2 seemed to dress in smaller, sexier thing for dinner and the parties. Some of the things worn at Hedo 3 that were very risky, were very average at Hedo 2. We also saw that many more people dressed for theme nights and Hedo 2. But once again this could be because we were at H2 for on a lifestyle week, and just a “normal” week at H3…..well I am not sure if either resort has a “normal” week, but you know what I mean.

Night life.

Both times at Hedo 3, the disco was full on PJ night and Toga night and pretty much dead after that. The Piano bar was a little better but usually pretty slow. At Hedo 2 the piano bar was about the same, but the disco was pretty full to packed every night. They also played all kinds of music, not just the reggae and techno stuff that was usually played at Hedo 3. We kind of liked the layout of the piano bar at Hedo 3 a little better, but the disco was awesome at 2 compared to 3. The bar at 2 was in a separate room that had a few tables and chairs in it, and the dance area had benches surrounding the dance floor. They also had a stripper pole on a stage at the back of the disco... At Hedo 3, the bar had also had a stripper pole, but this one was on the bar…..which was cool. They also had a cage in the back that some people danced in. One of the main bummers about the disco at H3 was the limited (or non existent) seating…unless you wanted to go outside. The waterslide also goes thru the disco, which is neat, but more for the idea than seeing people. The people go thru so fast they are just a blur.

Booze
    Both resort severed drinks the way you ordered them. If you ask for a screwdriver they make you one (usually pretty stiff) using Jamaican vodka, but if you order an Absolute screwdriver they would make you one (usually pretty stiff). Hedo 3 did carry Crown Royal and Frangelico, Hedo 2 did not….we just found other things to drink.

Drugs.
    We do not use, but many people do. We were asked if we wanted to buy weed more times than we could count. Usually the bartenders are the ones asking, but sometimes the maintenance people do too. We were not hassled to buy and a polite no thank you was all we had to say.

Sex

Wow….no comparison. I thought that we had some wild moments at Hedo 3, but after a week at Hedo 2, I was wrong. Granted we were there with a large portion of the resort being in the lifestyle. Our first morning we walked to the nude beach area and saw about 8 different couples on airmatresses floating in the ocean, and about 4 of these couples were having sex. We also saw a bunch of people try to have an orgy on 6 or 7 air mattresses. It was funny…..people kept slipping off the air mattresses and falling into the ocean. Sex was a constant activity…..meaning almost anytime day or night you could look around and most likely find somebody having sex. It might just be a 2 minute bj, but it was always around….but not so much that it got old. At night the hot tub was about the same with the same types of activities going on, with the exception that Hedo 2’s hot tub is bigger and had more people in it (it is kind of shaped like a clover leaf), meaning usually more things happening. We also heard that some of the smaller hot tubs around the resort got pretty wild at times, but we never checked them out. We did notice that Hedo 3 had more girl/girl play than Hedo 2. Overall both resorts have a sexually charged atmosphere, but Hedo 2 was a lot more charged.

Singles

We met more singles at Hedo 3 than Hedo 2 and most of the singles we met were guys, but the majority of the guests at were couples. Both resorts had their share of Vinnies and Walleys, as well as some cool singles. One couple we met this year, saw a single male at breakfast and invited him over to their table, on asking how his vacation was going, he replied “I have banged so many broads in the last couple of days, my balls hurt, I bet you I have had over twenty so far”. Nice line, even if his claim was true (very doubtful…especially with that attitude), what an ass. We also met another couple that introduced us to two of their friends, which we recognized from a nude volleyball game we were watching. After chatting for a while they told us that they were single guys, and having a blast meeting and chatting with people. They also did not have the attitude that they were trying to bed every girl they saw. These guys were fun to talk to, and hang with.
    The majority of the Vinnies and Walleys stayed on the prude side, would never take of their shorts, and thought that every woman at the resort wanted to have sex with them. They also like to approach women while their husbands/boyfriends run off to the bar for another round, etc. The SAM’s (single awesome males) would blend in with the crowd….meaning they would take their suits off, talk to people (both men and women), and would not have a cocky attitude.

Conclusion

We have had a blast at both resorts. Next year we are planning on making our second trip to Hedo 2, during a lifestyle week, but we have not ruled out of going to Hedo 3 sometime in the future.
    By the way not all of the people that we meet at Hedo 2 this year were into swinging. We talked some non-swinging couples who had made repeated trips to Hedo during lifestyle weeks…..they just love the sexually charged atmosphere of the resort.

If you have any questions about our trip, or the lifestyle, send us a note and we would be happy to get back to you!

"he mentioned that he was from Canada"
    I'm Canadian and I've heard other Canadians make negative and self-righteous comments about how American travelers are loud and lack tack. I've always held the opinion that tackless a..holes transcend countries and nationalities. Thank you for mentioning that. Your trip report was excellent.

Thanks for the trip report.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

yes was there at hedo 2- 3/2 will go back for sure.not as wild as we thought but one hell of a vacation......if ur thinking about going ....go!--its the best-no matter what u are into-u will like it!

Wow, that was a great comparision and I agree w/you on practically everything. The bus ride...it's not so bad if you start the chatter up front. Of course, I'm a chatter so I usually get the ball rolling; and by the time I'm finished I have people not coming to Hedo visiting as a guest ($75 ouch) but the come!!! I've had my share of experiences there and wouldnt change them for anything and neither would my fiance'. He celebrates his birthday every year there along w/their (H2's) anniversary on Nov 1. Hope to see you all there on year...by the way, it's Hedo II's 25th should be great!!!

I can say that my first hedo trip was to 3, and I am surprised I went back to hedo, but we decided to give 2 a shot. Our first trip (wife and I) was 11-05 at 3, and we didn't think we would go back. Then we had a week come up and got a deal to go to 2 in 03-06, and loved it. We were there for miss no swimsuit, which was irrelavent unless that crowd made the place. I will find out in a few weeks, as we are going back May 8 - 15, 06. 3's rooms are far nicer, we could book a suite there, and 2's rooms are indeed a motel 6 to super 8 room. Many say the room is irrelvant at hedo, but I disagree. At 3, when my wife was sleeping and I was not, I could go to the living room and watch tv and not wake her. At 2, no dice, had to leave the room, and I hate being alone and feeling like a Vinnie at hedo. The best part of 2 is the "Purse Girls", which I believe cut down on the bad Vinnies. They need to send some to 3. At 3, they were anoying, and at 2, no issues once. The staff, hands down way better at 2. The beach, another point for 2. The food, the same. The rooms, 3 hands down. This time we have booked a Jacuzi Terrace suite at 2, so maybe the room issue would be solved, and hedo 2 will be as close to perfect as you can have at a resort where you can have sex outside your room.

Your info and opinions on Hedo II are much appreciated. All the reviews we've read so far have been dull and uninformative. We just booked our first trip to Hedo II for Feb/March of 2007 through SwapperNet. Will you be going back? You sound like you'd be a blast and we'd love to meet you!!! J+J

Yes, we will be going back.....We are planning on going to H2 during lifestlye week, Jan 20 - 27, 2007. Hope to see you there.

Hometown- VA Beach, currently working in Iraq

lingo

Wha's a "purse girl'? I'm slowly learning the Hedo Lingo. And what is "DIF"? I thought I was more in touch with these things but I guess not. Now I really feel like a "virgin".

DIF = Dreaded Island Fever, which you suffer after you leave your home there, which we are both feeling know.
    Excellent trip repot, we are thinking of trying H2 for our second trip, this september for like a 5 day visit.
    Have no idea what a "purse" girl is.
    Paul + joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hometown- VA Beach, currently working in Iraq

resorts

I went to Cancun back in April. The resort was great, but it was a little too low key for my tastes. The nights were dead, no one was out and about after the sun went down. I'm hoping for a lot more socializing and excitement at Hedo.

purse girl = hooker? I could be wrong

Thank You!

We are planning a trip to H2 in February of 08, after a marathon run in Florida. I have been researching what was better between H2 and H3, and your log cemented H2. We are looking forward to the trip!

SoCal

Blog Entries

Going to Hedo II april 9 - 14

Thanks for the honest assessment of the differences between H2 & H3. We just came back from H3 and we found the scene to be rather tame. We are even more revved up about going to H2 after reading this review.

Thank you for the detailed trip report for both resorts! My hubby and I have been planning our Hedo trip for months and have had our minds set on H3. Recently we have befriended a few couples that are going to H2. We were willing to switch to be around "friends" to have fun with, but after your report, not only will the friends make the trip, the resort will also make it that much more fun!

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast