Thread: Rum Cream

Rum Cream

We are headed back to HIII August 9-13. We want to bring back to US as much rum cream as we can carry or are allowed to bring into US. Need some help. How much are we allowed to bring in duty free? Are the prices better at HIII or the airport? I doubt that we will be leaving the resort since we are only there 4 nights, so those are our only two choices. Can you get to the duty free stores at the airport from arrivals or only for departures? Anyone remember the rum cream prices at the airport?

last year prices at the airport were cheaper than HIII. Much cheaper! You might want to call the airlines regarding how much you can bring, and if you have a connecting flight in the US, do you have to go through security again. Just keep in mind, if you go through security, the 3 oz. rule! hen you shop at the airport, it's all carry on because you've already checked your bags! BTW, have you checked your local liquer store to see if they have it?

Good Luck!
    James and Kym

Airport will be cheaper for sure than H3...for the cheapest take a cab to a local grocery store around the property (Ask a bellhop for info). I think it is 2 bottles each but I have done 3 before. We bring bublle wrap down with us and pack it in our checked baggage. If you buy it in the airport and do not have a direct flight you will have to place the bottles in your checked bags once you go through customs when you land in the States. Hope this helps....have fun!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

We can never bring enough back with us. As soon as friends find out we have returned from Jamaica, they invite themselves over for some toddies!!
    ~Bill & Dawn
    March 15th to March 23st ~ 2013
    HEDONISM II ~ NEGRIL, JAMAICA

I buy mine at the airport , the prices are the same at all the liquor stores at the airport. They do allow you to carry them on board on departure ( you are allowed 2 two liter bottles ) I usually get 3 and they box them up and seal them with tape. However if you have a connecting flight you have to pack them in your luggage and check them on the flight. At least that is the case with AA. I pack them deep or try to leave them in the box , bubble wrap couldn't hurt either. So far no broken bottles.
    Cheers, Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

we buy ours at home.. we found a local store that we can get it from. hell they stock appletons rum there they also stock the appletons white rum for us also.. i just asked one day if they could get it and within a week they had it and the prices are cheep too we pay 13.00 a fifth for appletons white rum there.

Thanks everyone. We bought at the airport last time. We packed them in the checked luggage for the second leg of the trip after customs in US. We didn't think about getting at the resort last time. Thought I would think ahead this time. We can't get the same stuff here and the price is high. I didn't think to ask if they can special order. Frankly, I have forgotten what we paid at the airport. I know it is nearly $20 US for 750 ml here at home. I thought it was much less at JA, and anyway, I need at least something I can show others that we have been to Jamaica

Buy at the airport on your arrival and then pack it on the return.

I think the duty free in 1 liter per couple. The FAA website might tell you, or google it.

Hedo 3 Auguat 7-12
    One last hoorah!!

We have a full, unopened large bottle of rum cream from two years back that is just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. If you bring back one of our rocks from H3 (we have four or five of them in the courtyards marked "Ron & Cathy" with a year on it) maybe we make arrangements to exchange them in the mail....... There's no limit as to how many rocks you can bring back. Although, some of the ones we painted were pretty heavy.

We would have loved to make it this year to H3 before they closed with the AWOL crew, but we are moving into our new condo next week and its taking all our money. Maybe next year @ H2

Here is a better deal.... bring back one of those god-awful bar tender shirts (bright ass yellow with black mermaids and dophins) in an extra large and I'll trade ya the bottle for that. The bar tenders aren't going to need them anyway since they are changing the whole place to the fun place.

The heck with that.......go to the gift shop and buy out every hedo3 shirt..........gonna be collecters items on ebay soon......just a thought