Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action in the Disco

Action in the Disco

Hi guys,

going to be at H2 between July 24th and August 1st. Last time I was there (about 3yrs ago), the disco was a disapointment, seemed like people ate, went back to the room got a nap and then congregated by the hot tub around midnight.

Can anyone say if the club activities have improved? I'm down for the entertainment at the hot tub and everything but as a single, I was also hoping to have a bit of fun in the disco.

Worse case scenario I might make a few trips to Amnesia, Ricks or Margaritaville so would love to get feedback from anyone who has been to those too.
    If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Last time we were there (6/4-6/12) the disco did have an ok crowd there around midnight and then people moved over to the hot tub around 1-2am. Depends on the people who are at the resort. Just have to follow the hedo flow of people.

I think it is very dependent on the crowd that is there when you are. I've been when it is packed every night for hours on end and I've been when it was dead every night...as well as everything in between. I hope it rocks for you!
    Liz & Chris

This is common no matter where you go. Depends on the crowd....

NB

Blog Entries
    We've also been there when it was hopping and when it was dead. It does depend on the crowd but it also depends on how hot it is in there (and it can get very hot). The A/C in the disco is something that needs work.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Hmmm, good points, well, i'll just have to keep fingers crossed that it'll be a good crowd around the time I'm there. Looks like I might be able to catch the last night of Sumfest which I hear is good fun. I've read the stories about Vinnies and Wallys, just hoping for some activities that is conducive to singles so I don't end up looking like one of those characters

If the disco is slow you can usually find a good crowd at the piano bar.

As far as being a "vinny" or "Wally", it's all how you carry/present yourself. If you act like a creepy guy, then you'll be treated like one. If you are personable, fun, outgoing, don't gawk at people, or overly hint about sex, you'll be more than accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by StatikD View Post
    As far as being a "vinny" or "Wally", it's all how you carry/present yourself. If you act like a creepy guy, then you'll be treated like one. If you are personable, fun, outgoing, don't gawk at people, or overly hint about sex, you'll be more than accepted.
    Yeah I agree mate, but I can see it being a bit awkward in the hot tub if all the couples are cuddling and doing their thing and you're the solo guy sitting there. Haven't personally experienced that but have spoken to others who have.

At the end of the day, I'm not overly worried, I don't have issues with my social skills and am sure I'll have a good time regardless of the circumstance.

The Piano bar is a good suggestion Anita, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) you've never heard me do karaoke.

Thanks again for all the input guys, tomorrow I'll officially be a month away from that infamous first red stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Heart View Post

Yeah I agree mate, but I can see it being a bit awkward in the hot tub if all the couples are cuddling and doing their thing and you're the solo guy sitting there. Haven't personally experienced that but have spoken to others who have.
    If you the solo guy at the hot and EVERYONE else is paired off and engaged with their partner, you should leave to hot tub. You should only stay if you're engaged in some kind of social interaction with someone.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

I don't know if this good advice or not but I figure you're doing good if I have to ask you if you're single. Of all the single guys that have hung out with us I bet I've asked every one of them "which one is your wife?" Cool is cool, you know? Have fun!
    Hedo III (RIP) June 2009/July 2009/February 2010/July 2010
    Desire September 29th - October 4th 2010
    Hedo II April 2011/July 2011

Eh, sipping a beer, and watching the stars would be OK. If you paid you have just as much right to be in the hot tub. Being creepy is being creepy, but if you go back to your room you might miss a chance to actually meet someone wandering by the hot tub who might want to jump in with you?
    Constantly wandering around looking for a place where 'it's OK for you to be', ironically, might look even more creepy than just staying put, not gawking/encroaching (stars/trees are pretty to look at, really), and just chilling might be the way to go.
    That said, your mileage may vary depending on the groups that are there at the time and how they seem to be reacting to your presence. So above all it makes sense to be sensitive to the reactions of the people around you (founded or unfounded) and be the "better man" and just move along rather than clinging to a sense of entitlement if you feel your presence is inhibiting other people's enjoyment.
    Respect

Good stuff guys, appreciate all the thoughts and advice. I think we're all saying the same things, just in different ways. I have no plans to be the lone guy sitting in the hot tub with a bunch of couples (hence the hope that there will be other social areas such as the disco to hang out). I don't think I'm down with the getting involved with a couple thing, it's a bit complicated but I don't think I could ever do a 2 guy 1 girl threesome, (not judging anyone else who does), it's just not for me.

Therefore, the only way you'll find me at the hot tub after midnight is if I meet another single at some other location and we both decide to go hang out there.

All in all, like I said earlier, I'm not overly worried, it's a freakin vacation (not exactly BP trying to stop the well leak in the gulf) I just wanted to get some feedback on something to do at night besides crooning at the piano bar or soaking in the hot tub.

Rock on folks, when we get there, drinks are on me

Nice one Braveheart, have a nice holiday mate.

We were there June 7th - 18th and they closed the disco on I think the 15th so they could upgrade the Airconditioning and they did. We had to go to the main dining area for dancing. On the night of the 17th tghey re-opened the disco and it was very nice in there since the air was blowing very cool and alot of people dancing..nice. Jeff & Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast