Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameras have to go!!

When I was at H3 in April I had an issue with a camera in the prude area, which cameras are allowed. I was in a contest and I had on a sarong and was dancing and of course I was showing ALL of me under it. Two guys started taking pictures and I stopped and said I wanted to be done the contest. The entertainment staff then annoucned "no pictures please". Apparently the "rules are" - If there is nakiedness during a contest the staff are suppose to announch no photos, but they hadn't. In their defence, we were all covered when we went up and I was the one flashing the crowd. The contest went on. Afterwards the staff went over and deleted all the pictures off the guys camera of me. The staff were great and tried to make me as comfortable as possible. They want people to let loose too and know if they are uncomfortable, then they won't. Thinking of it afterwards I should have went over with the staff and made sure there were no naked pictures of me, as the dressed ones I didn't care about. It turned out the guys wife was beside me in the contest and I felt really bad about it afterwards. What I would have liked buddy to do though is stand up and loudly announch or wave saying he was taking a picture; that way I could have made sure I was covered or got out of the way. But he was sitting taking them along with another guy at the table. So I guess my suggestion is - if you are going to be taking pictures that have people you don't know in it, clothed or naked, even in the prude area, annouch it loudly so they know, or don't take them. And if you see pictures taken of you, don't hesitate to ask to see them. If someone had asked to see my camera at any point, I would not have minded at all. It is not just naked either, some people have jobs/kids that they don't want to know they go there, so they may not want their picture taken even dressed. I don't care about that, but some do.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

When we were there last year, anyone who was snapping asked permission. I figure I'm comfortable butt naked with every one there, if they really want my picture, than go ahead. I don't like the idea of people just taking them for shock value to their friends back home. Personally I think cameras, cell phones, and most digital devices are not meant for the beach, pool, etc... Good thread - food for thought for sure.

Cameras are a tricky issue. A couple points...

1. Pictures posted on the Internet (like say... this site) are incredibly valuable to people trying to decide on a vacation. They would either have to rely on their imagination, or the pictures of models at the official site, to decide how things really are. With candid real vacation shots, they get a better idea. On this site we have a policy of taking any picture down anyone complains about, and in general I won't allow "spy photos" to be posted (photos of people not posing, not apparently aware of the camera, where you can/could identify them).

2. Making a rule that you cannot take pictures on your vacation of your spouse/friends would be too harsh. People want those memories preserved in pictures.

3. People who flip out if a camera merely appears on the nude side, prior to it even being pointed at them, also need to take a chill pill. People who threaten to take cameras and throw them in the ocean need to take a chill pill. If some guy is taking pictures of his wife and you overreact and take his camera and throw it in the ocean he has every right to kick your ass.

It seems to me most problems can be solved with enforcement of existing rules, rather than making new ones. If a guy is being a problem, security tells him to stop, and checks the pictures on his camera, deleting them (digital cameras are so nice for this). If he persists, camera goes to the front desk until he checks out. Of course security doesn't enforce it because they aren't paid enough to get into regular significant altercations with paying guests.

But really, understand, just like at Fantasy Fest or Mardi Gras, there are people who make money by filming or shooting at any place where people are nude. Less so at Hedonism because of the expense and the requirement, in general, to be nude too at the time, but it happens. You can't stop it unless you start doing random searches for hidden equipment.

Last time at H3 I caught a guy video taping the quad from his second floor room. He had his shades parted only enough to put the camera lense through, but I noticed it. Had he had better equipment, a higher end camera with a good zoom allowing him to be further back from the window, I never would have known.

So, if you are really concerned about privacy, may I suggest a hat and sunglasses. A big hat and big sunglasses are the only surefire way to protect your privacy at the pool or beach, and for theme nights, really dress up with masks and wigs. You're good to go.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Another problem with digital cameras is that making someone delete the pics they took accomplishes nothing. If they don't take too many more pics after that, or change their memory card, most or ALL of the deleted pics are incredibly easy to recover when they get home. In a matter of a minute they can get them all back. To check a software program once, we searched our original memory card from 5 years back. As we had never completely filled the card, we could actually recover a few of the very first pics we had taken with that camera.

Quote Originally Posted by powdersmack View Post
    Another problem with digital cameras is that making someone delete the pics they took accomplishes nothing. If they don't take too many more pics after that, or change their memory card, most or ALL of the deleted pics are incredibly easy to recover when they get home. In a matter of a minute they can get them all back. To check a software program once, we searched our original memory card from 5 years back. As we had never completely filled the card, we could actually recover a few of the very first pics we had taken with that camera.
    Really... Oh shit... Well you will probably find some naughty photos of Sandy out there somewhere... For the record they are only of a woman that looks very similar...

NB

Quote Originally Posted by powdersmack View Post
    I'll confirm this is absolutely true. Recovering deleted files from the memory cards used in typical digital cameras is quick and easy. Mind you, many wouldn't think of this, but if they're bound and determined to be an asshole with their camera, anything is possible.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

You could always confiscate the card, take it to the office, plug it into a reader, and do a real delete (writing 1's to the entire card, then deleting it, at least once).
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

It is no wonder why the guys I work with always say they need to borrow my camera cards... They always tell me they need the high capacity ones I buy when they go off for the weekend trip... Hmmmmm... I am to nice of a guy. Secure erasing as I type..

NB

Blog Entries
    3. People who flip out if a camera merely appears on the nude side, prior to it even being pointed at them, also need to take a chill pill. People who threaten to take cameras and throw them in the ocean need to take a chill pill. If some guy is taking pictures of his wife and you overreact and take his camera and throw it in the ocean he has every right to kick your ass.
    i am the guy who could see if a nikon could swim. as far the chill pill goes, i wasnt the one who originally started the problem. he walked right by a big sign that says no cameras and on top of that he was hiding. so he knew what he was doing was fucked up. as far as the kicking my ass let me just state my favorite things in life for you and you can go gor there.
    1. fucking
    2 drinking beer

Blog Entries
    3 KICKING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ASSHOLES. i come from the other side of the tracks and what it is, is what it is. not the baddest mfer on the block but i will knuckle up in a second. been kicked out of a few places and jail a few times but hey thats life. now that i vented. i go with the attitude of 1 and 2 as stated above. but if the rules are there for a reason. if you need jack off material the internet is full of it why piss my my wife off being a perv.. it goes along with the old saying a happy wife is a happy home or vacation. she could easily say i dont ever wanna come here again and there you go. my dream spot ruined over some pervert with a camera who cant follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    Really... Oh shit.....For the record they are only of a woman that looks very similar...

NB
    Thats funny....lol...

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I for one think anything that is a camera in any form should be kept away.. It isn't necessary to have them in the nude areas. If you need to use the phone go back to your room. Sacrificing everyones privacy for the convenience of a phone, camera, whatever isn't worth it.

I've just come back from my 12th trip. We had a great time and as usual, I spent a lot of my time taking pictures of my wife. We stay on the prude side and I'm not the least bit interested in seeing anyone else in my pictures, unless they are posing with my wife. In the night time, if she is dancing with a guy in the disco, I will video her openly, again I am not interested in anyone else and feel irritated when someone walks past between my camera and her and spoils the shot. The pictures/film I take feature my wife in itsy bitsy bikinis or very sexy attire, I cannot show them to anyone else here at home, but will show them as I take them to the person she has posed/danced with.

If I couldn't film or take pictures of my wife, it would seriously detract from my vacation as I "review" those pictures and especially the video almost daily inbetween our trips. A ban on cameras would only affect people like me who use them openly, for the right reasons, and not those who use them surreptitiously. We were once on the recieving end of inappropriate use when I noticed a guy in the disco asking his firend to take pictures of him, but trying to get my wife in a skimpy dress (who he had been staring at every time he had past her on the trip) in the background shot. I kept standing inbetween her and the shot so he couldn't get her. Eventually I got fed up at his persistence and reported it to Mega who told the guy to desist.

Like dangerous dogs, cameras are not the problem, it is about the owners.

""Like dangerous dogs, cameras are not the problem, it is about the owners. ""

I completely agree....except I make sure everyone is out of the way when I take pictures no matter where we are if there is any sort of nudity going on.
    however, someone walking by isn't purposely ruining your shot, it's usually not obvious in the disco because it's so darned dark!

Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    ""Like dangerous dogs, cameras are not the problem, it is about the owners. ""

I completely agree....except I make sure everyone is out of the way when I take pictures no matter where we are if there is any sort of nudity going on.
    however, someone walking by isn't purposely ruining your shot, it's usually not obvious in the disco because it's so darned dark
    !
    We are on the prude side, so there is no nudity in the pictures and there is no nudity in the disco. I completely understand that no-one is trying to ruin my shot in the disco, the point of the comment was to re-inforce my complete lack of interest in trying to film anyone other than my wife.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast