Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameras have to go!!

Cameras have to go!!

We just got back from our 4th trip to H2, we have a great group of friends and enjoy participating in the theme nights. Each year we try to out do the previous, but we may have to let it go. On our last two trips we have noticed an increasing number of cameras going off during the shows, on theme nights, and in the disco. Last May there was a single male that our group had to tell several times not to take pictures and delete the ones he did, and another single male, with a group, that almost got his ass kicked for taking a picture in the nude hot tub. All security did was tell him not to do it again. This year we encountered two video cameras that we had to ask the people to not video us. The one actually came over and threatend me if I touched him again he would F$% me up. Reported it to security, but all they did was tell him to not use it again. I will say that management did try their best the next night to control the use of cameras in the dining area during the show, but I think they need to be banned.
    I remember the first time we were at Hedo they had us read and sign a form that we understood the rules regarding the use of cameras on the property and that if there were any complaints the camera would be confiscated and returned at the end of the trip. I admit that we have used our camera on the resort during every visit, but limited it's use to people we know or are hanging out with, and with their permission. This last trip we made a point of limiting our camera usage, and next trip will probobly not take it out of the room except when diving.
    The sad thing is that there are people who do respect the privacy of others, will keep their cameras pointed at their own people and ask if they really want a picture of you, but it is the A$$H0!@$ that think it is a free for all that ruin things. What do they plan on doing with the pictures?? Show them to all their friends back home? Post them on the internet? With the proliferation of digital, and the ease of sharing both images and videos over the internet, and considering the nature of the Hedo experience and the varied demographics that attend, I think it is time that the resort takes steps to protect the privacy of it's patrons, create a stricter camera policy, go back to having guests sign the form understanding the restrictions on camera and video use, and actually confiscate cameras and delete images if people are not obeying the rules. And...cameras should not be allowed at all for people on a day pass that are only there to see the show.
    Speaking of day pass people!!! What the hell is with idots taking GLASS into the hottub or pools??? We had to ask several drunk visitors to take their glasses to the bar and exchange them for plastic. What are these people thinking????

Blog Entries
    ran into the same problem. i do know for a fact a high dollar nikon will not float in the ocean. lol as far as the tough guy who threatened you.FUCK HIM . that guy got pissed to. he shoda asked first or better yet not even bring the camera to the nude side like the BIG FUCKING SIGN states. we are all going to a naked place and common sense dictates that you do not bring a camera in and start flashing away.

Pictures in the dining hall is always going to be a fact of life. same with the disco. very sad, I know! but these guys went over board!
    we take our cameras with us, but only for group shots and make sure anyone who doesn't want to be photographed isn't in the picture. A lot of times, I just blur out faces of people I don't know...but I don't post pictures publicly unless it's *just* me. By publicly, I mean any pictures of anyone else.. they know about it and it's on a private server. Not some lame website like google's picasa or flickr. It's our own server on our own domain, privately owned by us, that no one else has access to unless we know them and they have a password spplied to by us.

Registered User phillycouple621's Avatar
    We noticed the same thing last weekend. Rachel was really good about telling me "Papparazzi" and turning our heads. The camera thing was out of control and people really need to understand that folks who don't take pictures, don't want their pictures taken. We have absolutely no evidence from our trip....except these postings.

I for one would like to have a no camera rule. Any area where you are without clothes no cameras period. It is way to easy for others to snap unwanted pictures and spread them around. If we decide to post some of ourselves that is our business and we accept the risk they will be seen and reposted. It isn't up to someone else to take pictures of us without our permission and then post them somewhere or share them with their buddies.

NB

What about cell phones? You can't hardly buy a cell phone without a camera now. Same for iPods. Do we run out those folks who can't leave their cellphone's side?

Not saying I agree with inappropriate picture taking, but I think it's a far more complicated subject in these modern times.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

So we need to consider this? Like we accept the fact when we/someone decides to post/upload a picture of themselves to the internet... Then likewise in this day in age we need to accept that if we are nude or perform PDAs at H2 etc. we need to accept the fact it can/will be on the internet as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    So we need to consider this? Like we accept the fact when we/someone decides to post/upload a picture of themselves to the internet... Then likewise in this day in age we need to accept that if we are nude or perform PDAs at H2 etc. we need to accept the fact it can/will be on the internet as well?
    On the one hand, I'd argue yes. We are engaging in a "risky" behavior by the unreasonable standards of our society. As such, there's always at least some risk. Managing that risk is what you're talking about. And I'm not trying to say that we should just blindly allow anyone and everyone to take pictures no matter where they are. I'm simply pointing out that it's a far more complex issue than simply whether you're allowed to have your digital camera with you on the nude side of the resort.

Personally speaking, I leave my cell phone in the States while I'm in Jamaica. I imagine most folks don't. I imagine some of them bring it to the nude side. And I imagine some of them pretend to be talking on the phone while pressing the "take picture" button over and over. The same goes for iPods. You can look like you're looking for the next song on your headphones, all the while taking video of the nude pool.

Do you just flat out ban all electronics anywhere on the nude side? Maybe that's appropriate. I don't know. But it excludes anyone who has needs to get phone calls from ever visitng our wonderful island playground.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Blog Entries
    Just for the record, my avatar pic was taken at 7:30am. The problem, at H2 at least, is that the dining room and disco are on the prude side and photography is allowed on that side of the resort. We actually saw security talk to a couple on the prude side when the husband was taking some nude pics of his wife with the water as the background. Presumably the discussion was about the fact that she was nude, but I thought it was a little ridiculous.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

I'd be more worried about the new I-pods, as they have video capability these days. Someone "looking for a song" could actually just be taking video of the pool.
    Winston is pretty good about keeping obnoxious people with cameras out of the disco on pj night

I did have to track down a webmaster to get a picture of me taken down. I was livid...but prevailed. The poser looked so freakin ugly in the picture, too.
    Gave me some comfort.

Obviously this is an argument for the ages. I absolutely love to take pictures of my wife and only take pics of her and others with their permission. I would hate to have to sacrifice these memories due to others misbehavior. The fact of the matter is, as stated above, if someone wants to take pics/video, there are plenty of spy cams available these days for nominal cost. So even if you attempted a "no camera" rule, it would still happen and those are the folks you have to really worry about. Would we be happy if we end up on a public forum without our knowledge? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Would we want to sacrifice our precious memories in some vain effort to prevent any and all photography?? AN EVEN MORE EMPHATIC NO!!

It would be nice if the resort took offensive photography a little more serious, but sad as it is, if you can't afford to take the risk that you may have your picture taken unknowingly, then you probably shouldn't be in the situation, be it at Hedo or anywhere else for that matter.

With that said, pictures WILL be taken regardless of a "no camera" rule, which means those that are respectful and love our personal pictures would sacrifice without really rectifying the situation.

Just my two cents...
    "It's not a party 'til somebody gets naked!"
    HII July 14-24, 2011
    http://www.unwindtravel.com/fluff11info.html

BUT you don't have to take pictures in the nude area!! There are plenty of beautiful, scenic areas where you can take pictures without running the risk of making people uncomfortable and inhibited. If I'm on the nude side, I don't want to have to be watching for cameras.

I know this is a very complicated issue, but Hedo needs to be more diligent about it. Of course there is always the person you can't see, but if you enforce that cameras are not allowed on the nude side or the disco, and not permitted during the theme night antics in the main dining area, then the percentages go down of someone posting or sharing a pic of you. There has always been that person sitting next to their spouse who is pointing the camera from their lap around the room snapping pics of unsuspecting guests, but that is because they are not being told that the camera should not be there in the first place. The entertainment crew always waits until pictures have already been taken to make the announcement that there are no pictures allowed. Do it at the beginning of and throughout the evening as a reminder. And go back to having every guest read and sign that they understand the no photo/video policy. That way no one can argue if someone tells them to loose the camera, because they have already been told when they checked in. Again, I love taking pics of my wife and the friends we have made there. We probobly have 2000+ from our 4 trips down, but I would give that up in a second for a stricter privacy policy. People go to Hedo for the freedom to go wild and have a care free time, not to have to be constantly looking over their shoulder to see if the guy in the corner of the disco is pointing his camera at them when they are dressed or not dressed up on PJ night or any other for that matter.

Interesting... We have been to 2 (very popular) nude beaches and never saw a camera. I had not thought that hard about camera abuse at H2. We are still very private ("still in the closet") so any possibility of an unwanted picture surfacing somewhere is a bit concerning.....hmmmm may need to rethink this some more..great thread....
    Last edited by UseforFunOnly; 06-03-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: i to we.

Considering some of the things I have seen online, it is an issue. And yes it should be strictly enforced with the acceptance that someone will always break the rules. In my line of work, I know people break the rules and laws all the time no matter what although one of the reasons I picked Hedo is the less likelihood of it coming back here at home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast