Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breezes Rio Bueno is nice and is upscale.

Breezes Rio Bueno is nice and is upscale.

Hi everyone. We have been to Grand Lido Braco several times. I am thinking it could be a "replacement" (using the term loosely) for the closing of H3. Not as good of a replacement has H2 perhaps but Rio Bueno does have some very nice facilities... We haven't been there since it was rebranded however. So if any of you know of any changes since the rebranding I would like to know about them. And if anyone has a question about the resort in general we should be able to help you as well.

One thing I truly miss about RB is the beach grill. It is one of my favorite places on earth. The lamb chops are awesome...

NB

we're being redirected there

for our trip in January 2011.

the rooms look a bit nicer than III. Since we're going with a group, all our "family" will be with us anyhow, and that's what makes it fun.

anyone know if they have a Piano Bar? SO has a lounge act and got to sit in several nights when we went to HIII - he's hoping to do that again, but we see nothing listed on the site.

IT should be nicer than III, it was always a tier above in quality (and price).
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Cool Breezes Rio Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    IT should be nicer than III, it was always a tier above in quality (and price).

We have gone to GLB/RB the last 4 years with the AFR Group in January. There is not a Beach Grill, but they put on a great lunch buffett each day on the nude side. With lamb chops each day! The rooms are nicer than HIII with each room with an ocean view. The ground floor rooms open onto the beach and the upper floors have balconies. The beach is better than either HII or HIII. They dont have a slide, but the pool and hot tub are very nice. What GLB doesn't have is the party atmosphere of either Hedo. But I bet this changes over time. I hope! We loved HIII.Let me know if you want more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Island344 View Post
    We have gone to GLB/RB the last 4 years with the AFR Group in January. There is not a Beach Grill, but they put on a great lunch buffett each day on the nude side. With lamb chops each day! The rooms are nicer than HIII with each room with an ocean view. The ground floor rooms open onto the beach and the upper floors have balconies. The beach is better than either HII or HIII. They dont have a slide, but the pool and hot tub are very nice. What GLB doesn't have is the party atmosphere of either Hedo. But I bet this changes over time. I hope! We loved HIII.Let me know if you want more info.
    Correction there is a Beach Grill... I have been there many many times. Have partied with the AFR group to. Doug, Paul, etc... The Beach Grill is on the prude side maybe you never ventured that far. I agree the rooms are much nicer at RB than H3. As to the party atmosphere it is what the group/guest make it. There were always very few PDA police when we have been there. As a matter of fact the Beach Grill has a hot tub 12-15 feet away that is 10 feet from the ocean. Very nice... And we have turn that into a nude hot tub on several occasions. We have never been asked to put our clothes back on... So we have ordered lamb chops from the Beach Grill while nude and have had them delivered to the tub while the waves crashed in. VERY COOL...

Does anyone know if Rovena still works as a bartender at the Beach Grill...? By the way the Beach Grill is open 24/7... So all the people that didn't know it existed were getting their food from the Beach Grill when they ordered food in the "official" nude hot tub late at night. Which we have done too... This is the hot tub where the "hickey" story took place. Which happened to be one of the AFR group who placed those hickeys on me by the way... Not telling which one though...!

NB
    Last edited by NorthernBoy; 06-04-2010 at 11:15 AM.

If anyone needs to see a picture of the Beach Grill let me know and I will post one. However bear in mind (or is this bare in mind) that if I do post it it will count towards my allotted space for pictures on this forum... thus restricting the number of pictures I can post of Sandy...

NB

We have been to GLB twice and went again after it changed to Breezes in January. The good part is the food is a significant step up from H2 and H3 and the nude side rooms, which are all suites, are far nicer than H2 or H3. The nude side atmosphere is not like Hedo though: it is more for the relaxing naturist than the party animal. We never saw PDA and even fun-flirty activity was limited to fantasy night at the nude clubhouse (which can be canceled if no group is there). The biggest negative is that the textile side guests no longer can go on the nude side without paying- so most of the people at the resort now would never dream of stepping onto the nude side. The result is that you share the restaurants and bars with cliquey twenty-somethings and extended families that come down for destination weddings. They did have PJ night at the disco with a relaxed dress code once you were inside the disco: but shortly after we got there at 10:30 the place was mobbed by young people that were literally wearing full flannel pajamas and demanding only hip-hop music be played. This drove us to the piano bar, which is always completely empty with no entertainment, but when I started taking photos of my wife wearing her slinky floor length nightgown while she was lying on the piano we were asked to leave because her dress was inappropriate for the clothed side.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmb View Post
    We have been to GLB twice and went again after it changed to Breezes in January. The good part is the food is a significant step up from H2 and H3 and the nude side rooms, which are all suites, are far nicer than H2 or H3. The nude side atmosphere is not like Hedo though: it is more for the relaxing naturist than the party animal. We never saw PDA and even fun-flirty activity was limited to fantasy night at the nude clubhouse (which can be canceled if no group is there). The biggest negative is that the textile side guests no longer can go on the nude side without paying- so most of the people at the resort now would never dream of stepping onto the nude side. The result is that you share the restaurants and bars with cliquey twenty-somethings and extended families that come down for destination weddings. They did have PJ night at the disco with a relaxed dress code once you were inside the disco: but shortly after we got there at 10:30 the place was mobbed by young people that were literally wearing full flannel pajamas and demanding only hip-hop music be played. This drove us to the piano bar, which is always completely empty with no entertainment, but when I started taking photos of my wife wearing her slinky floor length nightgown while she was lying on the piano we were asked to leave because her dress was inappropriate for the clothed side.
    Well this would mean that it has changed significantly since we were there and it has been rebranded... as far as the prude side goes. Sounds like a take over of the nude side would still work to set the "atmosphere" on the nude side if that was to happen. What do you think?

NB

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    Well this would mean that it has changed significantly since we were there and it has been rebranded... as far as the prude side goes. Sounds like a take over of the nude side would still work to set the "atmosphere" on the nude side if that was to happen. What do you think?

NB
    Yes, my comments were for the new resort since it was re-branded. It seems like management wants to make a bigger separation between the two sides with the clothed side now like a Sandles. When we were there in January the nude side didn't have many people. I'm sure this was partly from the bad economy, but it used to be half the people had walked from the clothed side and now nobody does that. They have changed to have the nude clubhouse staffed most all the time so I think you could set up a party atmosphere on that side. You just might have trouble being overrun by Sandles type folks or being thrown out if you try to bring the fun to the clothed side.

Another alternative to Hedo II to consider would be Caliente Caribe which is all nude. It looks like they have group takeovers now so if you have enough people you should be able to set whatever atmosphere you like. We went to Caribe two years ago and it was a beautiful property with a hot tub right on the ocean. The food is all at one restaurant except for the lunch grill but the quality is between Hedo and Grand Lido level. The one thing the resort needed when we were there was more guests. They never opened the disco because the other few couples always wanted to go down to the hot tub instead of dancing. The biggest negative is getting there. Flying to the Dominican can be less convenient than Jamaica and the bus ride is like the ride to Ocho Rios used to be before they built the new highway.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmb View Post
    Yes, my comments were for the new resort since it was re-branded. It seems like management wants to make a bigger separation between the two sides with the clothed side now like a Sandles. When we were there in January the nude side didn't have many people. I'm sure this was partly from the bad economy, but it used to be half the people had walked from the clothed side and now nobody does that. They have changed to have the nude clubhouse staffed most all the time so I think you could set up a party atmosphere on that side. You just might have trouble being overrun by Sandles type folks or being thrown out if you try to bring the fun to the clothed side.

Another alternative to Hedo II to consider would be Caliente Caribe which is all nude. It looks like they have group takeovers now so if you have enough people you should be able to set whatever atmosphere you like. We went to Caribe two years ago and it was a beautiful property with a hot tub right on the ocean. The food is all at one restaurant except for the lunch grill but the quality is between Hedo and Grand Lido level. The one thing the resort needed when we were there was more guests. They never opened the disco because the other few couples always wanted to go down to the hot tub instead of dancing. The biggest negative is getting there. Flying to the Dominican can be less convenient than Jamaica and the bus ride is like the ride to Ocho Rios used to be before they built the new highway.
    Thanks for the update. We use to take the party down to the Beach Grill all the time.. One nice thing about the "new policy" is it cuts down on the people that cruse through just for a look. This resort has plenty of room and amenities for nice take overs...

NB

Hello ...

My hubbie and I went to Hedo III for the first time last Sept and had the best, most relaxed vacation we ever had ... We are not swingers but loved the sexually charged atmosphere and never felt pressured to be or do anything we were uncomfortable with or around ... other than a rather unhappy experience when the person from the Hedo 2 piano bar took over on John's night off; and rather than sexual and sensual, we felt like we had found tackie and tasteless.
    My point is that we were extremely sad to learn that Hedo 3 is no more ... and are torn as to what to do ... A lot of posts from Hedo 3 folks last year had suggested at the time that 2 was a bit more worn, more obvious and "in your face" with PDA, and swinging. The experience with the piano bar sort of reinforced that ... We aren't prudes by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't want to feel pressure either. We have made reservations for early December at Hedo 2 for an oceanview au natural jacuzzi ... but I must say I have some hesitations ... Can anyone advise? I looked at Desires but my husband was concerned that it didn't seem as open as Hedo (nor did any other place seem to have the same tone)... Things like the joy of walking out of your room to the nude pool with nothing on didn't seem quite as accepted ...
    Help! We thought we had found Paradise and have scrambled to make money and time happen this year, but feel at a loss as to what we are "buying" now ...

We are scheduled for December at H2 also. From my understanding there isn't pressure at H2 either. RB there wasn't any pressure at all. Is that what you are considering or why you asked?

We have been to RB and it was really nice. The only thing is the times we were there it was an older crowd. Averaged 50's maybe..

BF and I are going to RB in the morning. We didn't realize we couldn't go to the nude side if we were on the textile side when we made our reservations. Any ideas if the hotel will allow us to upgrade our room without breaking us? If we have to pay for the nude part, we would much rather go to H3.

Quote Originally Posted by pegaruby View Post
    Hello ...

My hubbie and I went to Hedo III for the first time last Sept and had the best, most relaxed vacation we ever had ... We are not swingers but loved the sexually charged atmosphere and never felt pressured to be or do anything we were uncomfortable with or around ... other than a rather unhappy experience when the person from the Hedo 2 piano bar took over on John's night off; and rather than sexual and sensual, we felt like we had found tackie and tasteless.
    My point is that we were extremely sad to learn that Hedo 3 is no more ... and are torn as to what to do ... A lot of posts from Hedo 3 folks last year had suggested at the time that 2 was a bit more worn, more obvious and "in your face" with PDA, and swinging. The experience with the piano bar sort of reinforced that ... We aren't prudes by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't want to feel pressure either. We have made reservations for early December at Hedo 2 for an oceanview au natural jacuzzi ... but I must say I have some hesitations ... Can anyone advise? I looked at Desires but my husband was concerned that it didn't seem as open as Hedo (nor did any other place seem to have the same tone)... Things like the joy of walking out of your room to the nude pool with nothing on didn't seem quite as accepted ...
    Help! We thought we had found Paradise and have scrambled to make money and time happen this year, but feel at a loss as to what we are "buying" now ...
    We just returned from our first trip to H2 (we are H3 transplants as well). We are not swingers and felt NO pressure whatsoever. We had the same room you do and we walked out of our back door naked and straight to the water as well as to the pool. The rooms, in our opinion, were not "worn", they were just different. Of course, we didn't spend much time in our room but had we, we would have been just as happy there as we were at 3.

As for the piano bar.... Dion (sp?) was absolutely a BLAST! Every night we were there, he ended up "talking" some girl into getting on his piano and getting naked.. It was in a sexy way too!

Our point? You will be just fine as long as you go with an open mind and forget everything you have heard from others. That's what we did.
    Celebrating 10 Years of Spring Fling Fun at Hedo in 2018!

Virgin Trip Hedo III 4/10-17/2008
    New Years Eve, Dec.26 to Jan 3, 2009 Bare Bottom Bunch
    Fred's 60th Birthday Celebration 07/16-21/2009
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling April 2009 - 2017
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling 04/07 ~ 04/14/2018

kitten & angel's 10th Anniversary Spring Fling 2018 - April 07~14
    http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thanks for the posts on BRB. It appears that there is not a sexually charged atmosphere here as compared to Hedo II. Is that True?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast