Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: 1st timers 05Jul-11Jul???

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    1st timers 05Jul-11Jul???

    so my wife and i are planning a vacation to an all inclusive resort from the 5th through the 11th. we found hedonism ii attractive because of the entertainment and the clothing optional experience. we're new to the clothing optional idea and are open to these kinds of new experiences. the only hang up is that we want to be around couples around our age.

    i am 31 and my wife is 30 and we want to hang out with couples or singles around our age group. so, i guess my question is this: are we going to feel out of place or are there plenty of guests that fall in to our age category?

    anyways, i don't know if anyone is planning anything right now. especially with the situation in Kingston. from what i understand, it's not putting a damper on travel. i would imagine that we would fly in to Sangster(Montego Bay).

    we're also looking at an all inclusive in the dominican republic. great value for the price but the activities don't seem as exciting. i think the night life and planned events is very appealing. the place we're lookin at is called the hotel excellence, punta cana.

    we have to make the decision soon and any input would be great. thanks and i look forward to talking with everyone.

    -Noah and Diana

  2. #2
    Registered User aliyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    113
    i looked into several AI before we went to jamaica - and when we went, we went to h3 and then to couples swept away. h3 was so much fun that we ended up extending our stay by 2 days and when we went to the other place we were kinda bored - even though it was really nice and the food was fabulous. the people just werent nearly as great nor friendly even though at least 1/2 were younger (mid 20's - mid 30's) and close to our age.
    if you are laid back and open hedo is so very much fun. there will be people close to your age but you will find it wont really matter all that much.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Inland Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,354
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by aliyt View Post
    i looked into several AI before we went to jamaica - and when we went, we went to h3 and then to couples swept away. h3 was so much fun that we ended up extending our stay by 2 days and when we went to the other place we were kinda bored - even though it was really nice and the food was fabulous. the people just werent nearly as great nor friendly even though at least 1/2 were younger (mid 20's - mid 30's) and close to our age.
    if you are laid back and open hedo is so very much fun. there will be people close to your age but you will find it wont really matter all that much.
    I agree completely with this comment about age. A lot of people on here seem to be very focused on whether there will be people at Hedo who are in their age group, but it honestly doesn't matter. It sounds strange if you've never gone, but age is not an issue. Hedo is a frame of mind and the people that go there share that common frame of mind, no matter what their age is. On each trip we have spent a whole week hanging out with groups that ranged from people in their 20's to 60's and no one even noticed the age differences. It was great fun and everyone shared in (and contributed to) that fun.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

  4. #4
    Registered User magjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. central PA
    Posts
    1,038
    the resort will probably be at least 75% swingers. If that doesn't appeal to you AT ALL.. you may want to consider arriving the 11th of July.
    That's about all the input I have, but I hope it helps!

  5. #5
    Registered User ravens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne IN
    Posts
    39
    Hey Magjoy,
    So wife and I are going to Hedo III July 3-10. Why do you say the resort will be 75% swingers?

  6. #6
    Registered User magjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. central PA
    Posts
    1,038
    Hedo II will have 2 _large_ lifestyle groups there between the 1st? of July - 10th of july. we experienced the first group.. many didn't talk to us because we weren't swingers. Most of the time that was the 2nd question that fell out of their mouths. I'm not sure if lifestyle groups will be at HIII at the same time.
    we'll be there for the kinklite group. as apposed to kink heavy?
    kinkinthecaribbean.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    12
    There are a bunch of groups going to H3 during July. It's probably a good thing because there is always something going on. Most groups are very friendly and may even invite you to their activities or shows.
    I've been there many times by myself and with groups and I've found that it's more fun hanging with other fun loving people.

  8. #8
    Registered User ravens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne IN
    Posts
    39
    Well then I guess it is a good thing that we are open to if not encouraging the lifestylers...lol. It doesn't matter who is there we will certanly have a great time on our virgin trip.

  9. #9
    Registered User magjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. central PA
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens View Post
    Well then I guess it is a good thing that we are open to if not encouraging the lifestylers...lol. It doesn't matter who is there we will certanly have a great time on our virgin trip.
    Oh, I don't mind swingers at all. But when the resort is 75% swingers and most don't talk to you simply because you're not a swinger, it gets annoying fast. It's like you have the black plague or something!

  10. #10
    Registered User tomcm53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    81
    I know that there are a couple of large swinger groups showing up on the 10th. We are showing up on the 4th and have had conversations with many who are and many who are not (we and another couple going with us are in the latter category). In our Yahoo group for July at HII, there is a mix as well. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hedo2_July_2010/

    There are a few couples in the group in your age range. Post a message and see what kind of response you get.

    T & L

  11. #11
    Registered User just ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    Oh, I don't mind swingers at all. But when the resort is 75% swingers and most don't talk to you simply because you're not a swinger, it gets annoying fast. It's like you have the black plague or something!
    Wow, in all of the reading on websites like this, or in Chris' book, I've rarely heard of "lifestylers" treating non's that poorly. In fact it's been mainly the opposite, that both sides are very tolerant and accepting. As a H2 virgin heading on our maiden trip July 4 (with tomcm53 & wife), I have not been the least bit concerned about that kind of treatment. Still hoping that's the case. But magjoy, I've followed a lot of your posts, and appreciate and normally agree with your opinions. Guess we'll find out soon

  12. #12
    Registered User magjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S. central PA
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by just ducky View Post
    Wow, in all of the reading on websites like this, or in Chris' book, I've rarely heard of "lifestylers" treating non's that poorly. In fact it's been mainly the opposite, that both sides are very tolerant and accepting. As a H2 virgin heading on our maiden trip July 4 (with tomcm53 & wife), I have not been the least bit concerned about that kind of treatment. Still hoping that's the case. But magjoy, I've followed a lot of your posts, and appreciate and normally agree with your opinions. Guess we'll find out soon
    It wasn't all, it was most. and it was their first few days that they were there. (we left about 3 days after that group arrived)
    Maybe they were too busy to talk to us and scoping out their old friends, no idea.
    What I do know is that many greeted us, and a few sentences asked us if were swingers and when we very politely said no..they turned away. We're very tolerant of swingers.
    several of our friends are swingers down there, we have no problems with people who do that. -one- of them was down right hostile and threatening after one chick complained of splashing and didn't want it in her eye. was concerned about conjuctivitus. (her words, not mine) I'm sorry.. but she was all over several dudes and was worried about pink eye?
    **we didn't even intentionally splash their way and in fact avoided these two people the rest of our time. threatening someone with physical bodily harm for a harmless splash is completely out of line. a polite request would have been perfectly fine and I would have totally respected that.

    Again, while it was not everyone is like that (i honestly don't remember one that was friendly) I go out of our way to make sure we'll never booked over lapping this group.
    There was another group that booked while I was there and my photo ended up on the internet. I was less than thrilled and bitched at many people. Even when they were taking my picture I was telling them to stop, they wouldn't.
    I avoid large groups like the plague because of these bad experiences.

  13. #13
    Registered User just ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    It wasn't all, it was most. and it was their first few days that they were there. (we left about 3 days after that group arrived)
    Maybe they were too busy to talk to us and scoping out their old friends, no idea.
    What I do know is that many greeted us, and a few sentences asked us if were swingers and when we very politely said no..they turned away. We're very tolerant of swingers.
    several of our friends are swingers down there, we have no problems with people who do that. -one- of them was down right hostile and threatening after one chick complained of splashing and didn't want it in her eye. was concerned about conjuctivitus. (her words, not mine) I'm sorry.. but she was all over several dudes and was worried about pink eye?
    **we didn't even intentionally splash their way and in fact avoided these two people the rest of our time. threatening someone with physical bodily harm for a harmless splash is completely out of line. a polite request would have been perfectly fine and I would have totally respected that.

    Again, while it was not everyone is like that (i honestly don't remember one that was friendly) I go out of our way to make sure we'll never booked over lapping this group.
    There was another group that booked while I was there and my photo ended up on the internet. I was less than thrilled and bitched at many people. Even when they were taking my picture I was telling them to stop, they wouldn't.
    I avoid large groups like the plague because of these bad experiences.
    Again, I appreciate your insight as a veteran. Hoping such nonsense doesn't happen to us because I would feel the same as you. I'm sure we'll know one way or the other about July 5th

  14. #14
    Registered User EroticPatriots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    2
    We will be going July 5-9 and we are a couple that would consider ourselves in your age range, he is 33 and she is 24. But we do agree with a lot of the statements above that age isn't a huge factor. It can be, but isn't a huge factor in our enjoyment.

  15. #15
    Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    955
    Blog Entries
    1
    Except during takeovers when large groups of swingers descend on Hedo, the percentage is more like 40% swingers/ 60% non-swingers. That said, it really doesn't matter. Yes there are those that will cut the conversation short and move on if you don't play, but they are the minority. People are there to have a good time, play, laugh, relax, and enjoy the tropical sun buck naked. The barriers of age, social status, race, and age are virtually non existent. Something about being nekkid erases all those inhibitions that keep us bottled up inside our own little world. You won't know until you go, but it's a mind expanding experience.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First Timers: When???
    By KAcouple in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
  2. 1st Timers to Hedo 2 - 16-22 Aug
    By R&S_VA in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. Almost there! First timers going to H3 June24-29
    By rick and becky in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
  4. UK first timers going to Hedo 3 20 April
    By tonyandco1 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:35 AM
  5. Just got back from H2 1st Timers
    By x2cride in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •