Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Hedo Way !

I must say and I truly mean this with all sincerity. This is a fun forum and I get a lot of enjoyment reading the dialog. I believe there are a lot of great people on here and not to many with issues or that we wouldn't like if we met them in person. (note to self - the exception of course may be guys with small nut sacks )

My comment about it "being to complicated" is a result of this simple fact... (for lack than a better term)

I believe here on the forum we have time to analyze and think through every last detail and situation. vs... When you are at the resort you just (for the most part) have a total blast.

Here if someone comments in a way we may not like, someone will respond. vs... At the resort I believe you would turn and talk to the next person and not even give it a second thought.

As just a couple examples... Like I said a vast majority of you are great and I enjoy reading your comments. And as of now no one is on my ignore list.

NB

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    There seems to be a bit of negativity on this site lately, ; trolls , single guys. I joined this site a little over a year ago ( and sooner had I know it was there ). Anyway , what happened to the way us Hedo people are so accepting ?. We talk about weight issues,or scars or whatever and "we " say it does not matter.
    Isn't this site supposed to help out the newbies and also pass out whatever info we can to each other ? Isn't that what we all talk about ? Once you go,you will know !
    So how about we get back to the" Hedo Way" of acceptance and move on from all these bashings . ?
    Bob
    Hedo Way? on this website? OK. What does one do at Hedo?
    Drink rum.
    Chat up the other sex.
    Get naked.
    Play drunken nekkid pirate volleyball.
    Sit in the hot tub.
    Engage in public intercourse.
    Watch people have sex with others--sometimes lots of others.
    Wear slutwear.
    Eat food.
    Engage in sexual activities I wanted to do the first 30 years of my life.

I can't do any of those things on this website. I can TALK about them. I MIGHT be able to do a few while typing--but neither of us could really be sure if I/You/We were actually doing them.

So we are left to talking about things. Some people love the Boobs and Butts thread. Others like flirtation with soundless typed disembodied computer-generated avatars over the course of several days. For those of us that find no sense or attraction or humor or fascination with such things what do we talk about? Argue over the quality of food or which Hedo is better than the other? The site is supposed to be about honest truth about the resort(s). It is supposed to be beyond the hype and the marketing and half-truths and self-deception about the resort. Hedo is a great place and we love it. We go all the time. But if the "Hedo Way" means ignoring that it is not right for everyone, I don't subscribe. The Hedo Way usually means looking beyond the physical and accepting people for who they are. The resort does that better than regular society, but it is virtually an impossiblility on the Internet where all you have is text and emoticons. There's a big difference between bashing and honesty, between salacious trolling and information. I ignore many things on the board, but there are a few live wires that are guaranteed to stir up the hornet’s nest. Misbehavior by single males is just one of them.

This site also helps with DIF!!!!! 6 more sleeps and then H2 bound!!
    I would rather have a full bottle in front of me,
    than a full frontal lobatomy!!!
    H 2 7/26-8/2

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    hedo way?

So we are left to talking about things. Some people love the boobs and butts thread. Others like flirtation with soundless typed disembodied computer-generated avatars over the course of several days. For those of us that find no sense or attraction or humor or fascination with such things what do we talk about? Argue over the quality of food or which hedo is better than the other? The site is supposed to be about honest truth about the resort(s). It is supposed to be beyond the hype and the marketing and half-truths and self-deception about the resort. Hedo is a great place and we love it. We go all the time. But if the "hedo way" means ignoring that it is not right for everyone, i don't subscribe. The hedo way usually means looking beyond the physical and accepting people for who they are. The resort does that better than regular society, but it is virtually an impossiblility on the internet where all you have is text and emoticons. There's a big difference between bashing and honesty, between salacious trolling and information. I ignore many things on the board, but there are a few live wires that are guaranteed to stir up the hornet’s nest. Misbehavior by single males is just one of them.
    very well said!!!
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ignore list ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    NB, I doubt that you're on anyone's ignore list. I'm sure I'm on the most ignore lists, and no, it doesn't bother me.
    Single male here..... I saw the ignore list when I signed up here and decided I would never want to put anyone in that list. My life philosophy is that everyone has a purpose, even if it is to serve as a bad example. An other reason no one will get to my ignore list, ultimately the message is just electrons splashing on the screen and it only effects me if I let it. Anyway, I had a great time at H3 and always kept on the move. I probably talked to every individual there that week. I didn't experience any of the "single male syndrom" that is talked about a lot here and hell yea I will go back..... to H2.
    Dick
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

Quote Originally Posted by singlecruiser70 View Post
    Single male here..... I saw the ignore list when I signed up here and decided I would never want to put anyone in that list. My life philosophy is that everyone has a purpose, even if it is to serve as a bad example. An other reason no one will get to my ignore list, ultimately the message is just electrons splashing on the screen and it only effects me if I let it. Anyway, I had a great time at H3 and always kept on the move. I probably talked to every individual there that week. I didn't experience any of the "single male syndrom" that is talked about a lot here and hell yea I will go back..... to H2.
    Dick
    You...... are a great example of the right attitude....... We can all learn from you. A big pat on the back to ya and Hedo hugs....

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    I must say and I truly mean this with all sincerity. This is a fun forum and I get a lot of enjoyment reading the dialog. I believe there are a lot of great people on here and not to many with issues or that we wouldn't like if we met them in person. (note to self - the exception of course may be guys with small nut sacks )

My comment about it "being to complicated" is a result of this simple fact... (for lack than a better term)

I believe here on the forum we have time to analyze and think through every last detail and situation. vs... When you are at the resort you just (for the most part) have a total blast.

Here if someone comments in a way we may not like, someone will respond. vs... At the resort I believe you would turn and talk to the next person and not even give it a second thought.

As just a couple examples... Like I said a vast majority of you are great and I enjoy reading your comments. And as of now no one is on my ignore list.

NB
    I agree 100%, but this is a good place to iron out the tough issues so you can just have fun at the actual resorts. This forum is a tool, and all of its different uses should be respected.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Great thread. I like the the discussions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234