Thread: Air Jamaica

Air Jamaica

Has anyone flown Air jamaica recently? I've been hearing that they they bump passengers a lot, even those with a confirmed seat.

get there at least 3 hours before your flight. We try to be there 3.5 before our flight and it should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bakedclay View Post
    Has anyone flown Air jamaica recently? I've been hearing that they they bump passengers a lot, even those with a confirmed seat.
    We flew them in Oct, no problems with being bumped - the flight there was fine the flight home was delayed 6hrs so we missed our connection (others on the same flight home were delayed 12hrs going to Jamaica - ouch) They put us up in a hotel and gave us a $50 voucher.

We aren't flying them this trip - but thinking about giving them another shot (atleast using our vouchers) when we head back down later this summer to give H2 a try.
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

We flew them direct last time. This year they've removed their direct route. They're in a hard place right now being newly merged with another airline. Really sucks. This year we're giving US Air a spin instead. The Air Jamaica takeover has really killed that airline and its a shell of what it was last year.

Hedo II - 20 - 27 July 2011 - Hedo II, The Naughty Side.
    Hedo III - 24 - 31 July 2010 - Hedo III, Part Deux.
    Hedo III - 26 - 31 July 2009 - Popping our Hedo Cherry.

Registered User NorthernExposur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miamivice69 View Post
    get there at least 3 hours before your flight. We try to be there 3.5 before our flight and it should not be a problem.
    THREE HOURS! Why ever for? Have you had such bad luck with Air Jamaica? I hate the extra 1/2 hour I tag on for int'l travel.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilsToy View Post
    The Air Jamaica takeover has really killed that airline and its a shell of what it was last year.
    Happening a lot to many airlines. We're going to give them another shot in a couple months. We just love the direct flight there.

I just returned from a trip to Jamaica last week and used Air Jamaica to MBJ from BWI. You shouldnt have a problem getting to sit beside your friend as long as you check in early.
    “I judge virginia bed and breakfast by the bread and by the coffee.”

Registered User blueeyedblondie's Avatar
    I was just informed that they are no longer running my flight so they changed it without calling me! We have everything set in stone and there is nothing we can do at this point to change vacation time or anything! We paid in full and leave in 4 months, and I'm sitting on the phone on hold right now waiting to hear what they are able to do. All I know, is they better get me there, one way or another! Anyone have any suggestions, or had any of this happen to them?!

Air Jamaica's only real problem right now is their flight delays. If you've never flown the airline, PLEASE DO. You will appreciate the difference in service when compared to other airlines.

As far as CUSTOMS, it makes no real difference which airline you fly. You are going through the same customs hall and customs officers UNLESS you are flying in a private plane.

Last edited by towncarseattle; 04-21-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Another old thread reborn. Last post was June 2010.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Since this has been resurrected... and here I am posting on Easter... I saw somewhere that as part of the constant stream of changes at AJ there are about 300 layoffs coming. Something to do with the Caribbean air merger I am sure.
    Nick (and the shameless Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

We flew AJ from JFK in March and it was great. We also flew business class so the service was top notch. The Oasis business class lounge in JFK was so great...we tore up the self serve bar before the flight. Will fly it again.