Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H2- let's respect their vibe

H2- let's respect their vibe

I didn't know which forum to post this, but I'm curious how the H2 folks feel about H3. I know we are all cut from the same cloth, but I want to make sure that we don't start all of this "we will bring our vibe to H2" when they are happy with the vibe they have. I have never met anyone who has gone to both resorts and said they are basically the same.

I, for one, if going to H2 will want to experience the true vibe of that resort, and will not attempt to transplant our traditions and styles to their resort, if they are different.

We actually have been to both and prefer Hedo 3. The vibe is all about who is there. In 2007 we went with our friends to Hedo 2, it was the end of July, a really slow time, it was kind of dead. This past April we went with (www.Hedosmojo.com) friends, a completely different vibe because there were plenty of folks there and the party was off the hook. The vibe was it was a party place, just like our Hedo 3, if we did not know we were in Negril, it would have been like we were at Hedo 3....if folks have never been to Hedo 2, I say go, if you are currently going with a group to Hedo 3, stay going with that group. You will have the same friends and your party will rock on...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 05-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irrelevant View Post
    I didn't know which forum to post this, but I'm curious how the H2 folks feel about H3. I know we are all cut from the same cloth, but I want to make sure that we don't start all of this "we will bring our vibe to H2" when they are happy with the vibe they have. I have never met anyone who has gone to both resorts and said they are basically the same.

I, for one, if going to H2 will want to experience the true vibe of that resort, and will not attempt to transplant our traditions and styles to their resort, if they are different.
    That is not something you can control IMO. From my experience @ H3 each week has its own vibe. If you have ever stayed for a extended trip, you can actually feel it change on the second Saturday you are there. Weeks consist of different groups of people, it is not just groups that can change the whole dynamic of the resort. There are mellow, party, flirty, swinger and kink weeks...all with a different vibe and feel to them. We are going into H2 next March just as we went into H3...lock and loaded and what ever vibe comes out of the week we will adapt to, as the rest of the resort will adapt to us.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Good point Mr Irrelevant...I never thought of how it sounded when we've said we'll bring the party to H2 or we'll bring the vibe to H2 and we wouldn't want anyone to think we feel that H2 needs to be improved upon by "us".

I agree with the others...the vibe is the group and who is there that week and we just mean we will bring our party to a new location!

Looking forward to some new friends at H2 as well..there are many regular H2 folk I'm looking forward to finally meeting.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Having done several extended stays at H2, I definitely think Face Down has it right, it's not the resort that brings the vibe, it's who is there. We've seen our share of "off the hook" and "quiet as a mouse" at H2, but we don't ever travel with large groups.

If you're H3 group relocates to H2, I have a hard time thinking the vibe won't come with it, to a large extent. But you're right, from us H2 folks, it can be a little bit demeaning to hear folks say that they need to bring their vibe to H2 in order to make it "acceptable." I'm sure that's not really what the majority mean, and I try not to take it personally, especially in times like this, where the H3 folks are in such significant turmoil. You folks are losing your home, and that's traumatic. You don't know what's on the other side yet, and that's upsetting. I think in 12 months, after most folks have had the opportunity to take their groups to H2, the feeling will be very different.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Interesting thread! I've only been to H3 once and it was when the resort was only 2 years old and there were few (if any) groups there (certainly not when we were, everyone was a newbie to Hedo, except other H2 folks we met)....so I can't speak to how H3 is now, though it's obvious it has its own vibe and lots of groups and filled a niche. We're saddened it is going.

At H2 you'll find there are groups that go at certain times and then other times with no groups. The groups can tend to make it a different vibe...depending on a number of factors...like how long the group has been going, how big the group is, if it's a lifestyle type group, etc. Some groups are more welcoming than others, but all are having a good time and adding to the vibe and energy (mostly in a positive way, though there have been 'issues'...!).

That being said, H2 is wonderful as well when there are no groups and just a bunch of people thrown together into a fun place. We've kind of beeb treasuring those kind of trips over the past few years because the group ones have sometimes been a bit too over the top with various theme nights, competing group themes, things to do, etc. Sometimes vacation is fun as just plain nude partying vacation and not a super extravaganza packed full of something every second. But that's just us and we've a lot of trips under our belt...so we're interested in discovering new facets of trips.

I do wonder if now more big groups will come and disrupt what can be a sweet experience just getting to know people, chilling on the jetty and laughing and chatting away the day and night. We've had so many great experiences when H2 is less than full (though full is fun as well). And sometimes groups can tend to be insular and exclusionary and yes, wicked loud and kind of annoying (guilty as charged at times!!) and make it very busy and hard to find a chair, get a drink, reserved tables, etc. But whatever happens, happens, I can't control that. It was great fun when the LVD group came in November last year...they brought a new energy to that time frame and new faces...always good! And it wasn't too busy at all...so that's good!

I think there is plenty of room and dates for everyone. Just choose your time for what you're looking for. We sometimes like a jam packed full week with hundreds of people we've known for many years and trips and other times we like a trip with maybe a few friends we know and new ones we'll get to know or even a trip just us and meet whomever or just hang with ourselves and reconnect and do some chatting with the staff.

Basically, it's all good.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

If that is where we end up after this year I am just hoping for a smooth transition. I stopped posting over on DennyP because it seems to be dominated by H2 devotees and gets very contentious. I come on here for fun, a little social interaction, to learn some things, share some, and make friends- nowhere did I find most of that over on that board. In reading and interacting with "H2 people" here I am convinced that there just seem to be a few bad apples over there poisoning the bushel.
    We would love it if we could just walk in and feel the same sense of welcome that we have received at H3 each of our previous trips. Not looking to "improve" anything, just wanting to have a good trip with my friends and make new ones.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the enticing Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Seems that the opinion is unanimous, and I do not have much different to add. There is no us and them, WTF Mr Irrelevant, are you trying to create racism???? We all bring our own vibe and that is what makes it great, not having to "Assimilate"! Isn't that why we vacation at H2 or H3 in the first place?
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Interesting thread! I've only been to H3 once and it was when the resort was only 2 years old and there were few (if any) groups there (certainly not when we were, everyone was a newbie to Hedo, except other H2 folks we met)....so I can't speak to how H3 is now, though it's obvious it has its own vibe and lots of groups and filled a niche. We're saddened it is going.

At H2 you'll find there are groups that go at certain times and then other times with no groups. The groups can tend to make it a different vibe...depending on a number of factors...like how long the group has been going, how big the group is, if it's a lifestyle type group, etc. Some groups are more welcoming than others, but all are having a good time and adding to the vibe and energy (mostly in a positive way, though there have been 'issues'...!).

That being said, H2 is wonderful as well when there are no groups and just a bunch of people thrown together into a fun place. We've kind of beeb treasuring those kind of trips over the past few years because the group ones have sometimes been a bit too over the top with various theme nights, competing group themes, things to do, etc. Sometimes vacation is fun as just plain nude partying vacation and not a super extravaganza packed full of something every second. But that's just us and we've a lot of trips under our belt...so we're interested in discovering new facets of trips.

I do wonder if now more big groups will come and disrupt what can be a sweet experience just getting to know people, chilling on the jetty and laughing and chatting away the day and night. We've had so many great experiences when H2 is less than full (though full is fun as well). And sometimes groups can tend to be insular and exclusionary and yes, wicked loud and kind of annoying (guilty as charged at times!!) and make it very busy and hard to find a chair, get a drink, reserved tables, etc. But whatever happens, happens, I can't control that. It was great fun when the LVD group came in November last year...they brought a new energy to that time frame and new faces...always good! And it wasn't too busy at all...so that's good!

I think there is plenty of room and dates for everyone. Just choose your time for what you're looking for. We sometimes like a jam packed full week with hundreds of people we've known for many years and trips and other times we like a trip with maybe a few friends we know and new ones we'll get to know or even a trip just us and meet whomever or just hang with ourselves and reconnect and do some chatting with the staff.

Basically, it's all good.

Liz
    We have been very fortunate in all our trips in that we have never ran across exclusionary type groups at Hedo 3. We have seen those that if you do not book with us, you cant come to the party, but understandably, they do things for their group. This has not prevented us from making friends with them and hanging out with them outside of their events. We have seen all forms of groups and for the most part the folks we saw at Hedo 2 in April were the same that we have seen at Hedo 3 for the last 10 years...butt nekid having fun hanging out folks. I am sure that the "vibe" will be the same and we thank you for allowing us displaced souls to hang out and add to, not change that vibe...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx Haplo View Post
    ..."Assimilate"...
    lol..you said assimilate...we are the Borg...I love that SciFi reference...

Ivy and Rick
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 05-16-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    I stopped posting over on DennyP because it seems to be dominated by H2 devotees and gets very contentious. ....Cheers!
    Nick (and the enticing Kitty)tm

I agree and I think it's more the "few bad apples concept" and I think it's more the nature of that forum. Even the H3 board becomes tense too often for my tastes. It just may seem like it's H2 related because more of the original Hedo folk ARE H2 people since it's been around longer and they all feel Denny Ps is "home" as we know plenty of the H2 people are just as nice on both forums.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Would it be racism though? Resortism? Destinationism? Hedo-ism?
    Hmmmm.
    Nick (and the sleepy been up most of the night on call Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Would it be racism though? Resortism? Destinationism? Hedo-ism?
    Hmmmm.
    Nick (and the sleepy been up most of the night on call Kitty)tm
    Probably the correct term I should have used was Cultural Discrimination, H3 being a culture different from H2 in some people's minds, also as stated in a previous post, H2 folks feel like the founders, and H3 is merely a spin off or not as original, Possibly like the discrimination found in the lore of Vampires, where they have pure-bloods and Turned, called half-breeds.
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx Haplo View Post
    ...called half-breeds.
    Humming some Cher on this sunny Sunday watching the race....lol..

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

I myself have been to both H3 and H2. i love them both for the differant things both resorts have to offer. This past March my girlfriend and i went to H2 both for our first time . loved it we met some awsome people and had the best time and plan on going back. I can also say the same for H3 awsome people only bad thing is looks like i won`t be going back before it changes to the new resort. Wish i could but work won`t allow it. Got to work hard to play Harder...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast