Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I have to ask this question...

Blog Entries

Ok, I have to ask this question...

I apologize in advance for the length of this posting, but after reading all that I have been over the last week or so, I finally had to post this. We'll be making our fourth trip to H2 in July and it will be our third trip in under 12 months for a total of 30 days among the three trips. We've never been to H3 not because we didn't think we'd like it, but because we like H2 so much that we didn't want to gamble $4,000+ by going to H3 when we could go to a place we knew for sure we liked. I've been reading the postings here and for the life of me I can't understand the negativity towards H2. It's a great place with an awful lot going for it. It amazes me when I read postings that say, "We'll never go to H2". My question is, what's so bad about H2? Granted it isn't your "home"...yet, but it could be. Is the fact that there isn't a volleyball net in the nude pool at H2 really a deal breaker? (There is one in the current prude pool and I suspect that if most of the H3 people move over to 2, they will make the entire resort c/o which would be the best thing to come out of all this.) The lack of a volleyball net in the nude pool is the most common complaint I've read about, but is it really THAT important? Ok, the rooms may not be as updated as the H3 rooms and there are no jetted tubs (however there are multiple jet showers), but how much time do you spend in the room at Hedo? Based on what I've read about H3 and heard from others at H2 who have been to 3, here are what I see as the advantages and comparisons of H2 to H3:

- MUCH better and MUCH larger beach
    - MUCH more beautiful grounds (H2 looks and feels like it was carved out of the rain forest and there is very little concrete)
    - MUCH bigger nude hot tub
    - All buildings are two stories making it easier (and safer) to get to your room in a drunken stupor in 6" heels
    - Better disco
    - Scuba diving if you're into that (and it's included)
    - Nude cruise to Rick's Cafe
    - All sorts of water sports including sail boats, kayaks, etc. (also included)
    - Snorkeling trips (also included)
    - At least equally good piano bar
    - Better specialty restaurants (again, from what I've heard)
    - Equally good water slide
    - I can't speak for the staff at H3 which I understand is great, but so is the staff at H2. Delroy and Scumba at the nude pool bar are gems, Winston is an awesome entertainer and a great guy, the EC's change often which I'm sure is true at H3 too, but the group that was there in April was fantastic, Dion at the Piano Bar is a lot of fun, Augustus on the nude beach is a trip and a fantastic guy, Devon in water sports is super, etc.
    - Great nude grill offering INCREDIBLE jerk chicken, excellent hamburgers, grilled fish, grilled cheese sandwiches, "Jamaican burritos", and the best french fries on the planet.
    - MUCH, MUCH better gym and fitness center (again, if you're into that)
    - Same PDA's as H3
    - Proximity to Negril and the nightlife and restaurants there (should you decide to leave the property which most don't because of "sand gravity")
    - Massages on the beach (not included)

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out, but these are what came to mind right away. In short, what's not to like? The vibe is what we all make it and with H3 groups coming over to H2, they will bring their vibe with them. There are much worse places to be "stuck with" than H2, believe me! So, what's so bad about H2?

Cool RE: Ok, I have to ask this question...

Redacted
    Last edited by EastWest; 06-20-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    That is exactly why we will be heading to H2 in 2011.

We will miss the staff at H3 dearly, and it will not feel like home at first. We adapt well, and will be bringing a huge group of friends with us, so we expect to enjoy our vacation at H2 in 2011 and beyond.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Nicely said CandG. I've also heard the same stuff even at H2 where some of the H3 first timers would bad mouth the place even after only a couple of hours. We've been going to H2 for years although we started at H3. H3's Quad is a nice place and maybe the restaurants (which depends on what you order) but other than that we enjoyed H2 much more. With many of the blogs saying H3 will be closing, I'm guessing that the H3 crowd will be giving it a shot. Even though some folks have blogged that the resort it getting strict on open PDA activities, which boggles the mind, it is still a great place to let it all hang out....

P.S. Just checked out your profile pick. Now those are two great reasons why H2 is preferred.
    Last edited by Couples50plus; 05-13-2010 at 05:05 AM.

CandG,

I am sure most if not all your comments are accurate... I think the reason for most of the negativity is the sting of our favorite resort changing and the "fear/concern" of the change. Not to much more than that. In our case we decided to move to H2 instead of our scheduled trip in December to the now Super Fun Resort to make a statement that they aren't getting our business. Especially since we didn't sign up for that a month ago.

Please be patient with our frustration... Think about if it were the other way around...

NB

Personally I too think people are over reacting just a bit. But, you have to put the shoe on the other foot and think what it would feel like if we were all on the Hedo 2 side of this board talking about the demise of your home.

I have been to Hedo 3 nine times, went first in 2000...so like you, I did not want to try another place as I feared I would miss a better time. We actully booked two trips with a H3/H2 split and both times after being at H3 for a few days cancelled the H2 portion. I have always been interested in H2...but thought Hedo 3 was better! Kinda silly of me if you think about it. I was able to spend one day pass at H2 in 2009 so I have a little bit of knowledge about the resort.

That being said I am looking forward to giving H2 a try and will not be boycotting SuperClubs. I have a pretty good idea on why all this went down and it makes complete sense on why H3 was re-branded into another resort. This did almost happen last year...yes it was a rumor but one based in fact!

I have talked to most of the Amigos by email or phone and are message board has been talking about nothing else. So far everyone is on board and looking forward to the change. We have a couple that this last year told me that if the Amigos moved to H2 it would be awesome...so looks like we will be there in full force come next March. Just hoping they can handle us!!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Hopefully you get a chance to read my report on H2 we just got back, My better half has been to H3 before and he enjoyed H2 better, alot of it does depend on the crowd and what's going on that week.. that does make a difference. Hopefully your first trip to H2 will be just as exciting as mine was, I really didn't have any complaints on H2, the ppl are friendly, and the Entertainment is out of this world GOOD, Winston will keep you on your toes laughing

I too have the competition concerns, with them raising the rates of the resort because they can. Hopefully not too much. That said, Cocktails International H2 July 2011! Will miss the home away from home, but H3 has been rotting for several years. They kept the income coming, but really didn't put anything back into the resort. Quad sound system has been broken for almost 3 years! Foam floats are disintegrating, AC always breaking, Waterwheel been dead for years, and general decline. Bear in mind I still love H3, but I will welcome the change with new sights and sounds. We will turn H2 into what we have always had at H3, after all, what we love and remember about the resort is the people anyway!
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Honestly, I'm sure that we'll be perfectly content at H2. Sure, I'll bitch about the walk from our GVP room to the Nude Pool. And I'll miss looking out onto the ocean while there (in the pool). I will miss the employees who know us by name, and I'll certainly miss the ease with which we move around tiny H3.

I'm not really concerned that I won't like H2 - the party is the people.

What I'm worried about is the financial cost. Let's face it - as someone said before, Hedo is, at best, a 3 star resort. Barely. In most respects, it's pretty crappy. But you get what you pay for, and the price was reasonable. If they bump their price point, it will be incredibly difficult to justify the expense.

That is the only thing that would really prompt us to consider a different adult-only resort in the future. If Hedo's pricing becomes comparable to the more upscale resorts without a corresponding increase in amenities - then we'll have to vacation less often, and spend for the "upscale" resorts while we search for a new place to call home (and why are there so few in Jamaica?? I so prefer Jamaica over Mexico )
    Pretty S and Billy Beards

Jul 09 - 16 20156 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 18 2015 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 19 2014 H2
    ______
    Aug 04 - Aug 11 2012 H2
    ______
    Aug 27 - Sept 04 2011 H2
    _____
    May 07 - 10 2010 H3
    Aug 14 - 21 2010 H2
    _____
    Aug 15 - 22 2009 H3
    Aug 23 - 30 2008 H3
    Sept 01 - 08 2007 H3

funny im most psyched about the gym (as we tend to go most days even on vacation) h3's was pretty terrible.
    but the intamcy of H3 is what seems to be lacking at H2. most people (at h3) spent their time at the nude pool there was room for 2 rows of chairs around the pool - 3 at the far end - the grill was right at the pool (although eating at the bar could lead to extra chlorine in the fries - esp if a volley ball game was going on).
    so as my girl is a people watcher there was tons of goings on all around and it wasnt spread out, everything was in a big circle. - also the proximity of all the people would lead to more interactions and conversations. and thats what we keep saying hedo is all about - the people - so it goes to reason that the fact there was more people congregated around an area the more chance/options to interact.
    with large groups the quad was ideal. plenty of room in the pool and around the pool in a somewhat enclosed area. also great shower shows!
    and there might not be as many stairs but the distance from here to there (at h2) in heels is much greater.
    being of the fitness minded at h3 we would always request the 3rd floors for the exercise (took the heel off while attempting them generally though).
    that being said we will sorely miss H3 but wont let it stop us from making the best of the set up at h2 and thoroughly enjoying our stay there!

We went to H2 last summer for our first time and we absolutely loved it. The only reason we're trying out H3 this summer was simply because we wanted to see what H3 was all about and which one best suits our needs and where we feel more comfortable at and then decide which one of the two resorts would be our home for the future. Now that H3 is closing, that decision has been made easier for us,lol. H3 here we come and then H2 for years to come!!!!
    H3 July 24th - 31st, 2010

Like I have said in another post, The cost is the biggest thing that is stopping us. Another thing is the distance the people keep talking about. For those of you that have been to both H2 and H3, what is walking distance like at H2. I can tell you that the wife is not going to want to walk to a room for some fun if it is along way. I guess that I am just upset. I/we personally don't have anything against H2 because like someone said that the first place you go if where you call "home" and may be willing to change but really need more information about what the resort is actually like.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EastWest View Post
    Sounds great (you're actually are a better PR person than whoever puts that stuff on the Superclubs website)

We'd definitely look into going to H2 in the future, and not just because it may be the only 'game' in town, at least the only Hedo-style game. Like others have expressed already, we are a bit concerned that there may not be enough pressure on SC to keep the prices at a reasonable level with only one anything goes adult resort. H2 may be the only resort offering that specific kind of adult fun that we've gotten used to but let's hope they keep in mind it is only a 3-star resort at best (and probably will never get much better than that). The law of diminishing returns applies here as anywhere else.

D & L

I'm concerned about the pricing too, but in all honesty a lot of the negativity towards H2 came long before anyone started talking about a potential price increase at H2. The closing of H3 will affect us all, including the H2 people. Yes, prices will likely go up (I'm a business person and whenever competition is reduced and there are fewer options, prices generally go up), H2 will also be much more crowded than we've come to expect resulting in longer food and drink lines and more competition for lounge chairs, etc., and there may well be weeks that are completely sold out. But the upside is more people means a bigger and wilder party.

We've been to H3 18 times, 10 of which were with the Jamaican Watersldie Team. We had been to Hedo 2 just once, last year. We really felt we liked H3 better. Last week we visited both resorts on a split week and thought that the closing of H3 was going to be the end of a long run of great trips, but after just 3 days at H2, we highly recommended it to our group. We had a great time, loved the food, the resort and the people. The two resorts are a lot alike and different as well. What remains though is the atmosphere and the fun. We'll have a great time in September as well, when we head back to H2 with 100 or so of our very closest friends for the annual meeting of the JWST.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couples50plus View Post
    Nicely said CandG. I've also heard the same stuff even at H2 where some of the H3 first timers would bad mouth the place even after only a couple of hours. We've been going to H2 for years although we started at H3. H3's Quad is a nice place and maybe the restaurants (which depends on what you order) but other than that we enjoyed H2 much more. With many of the blogs saying H3 will be closing, I'm guessing that the H3 crowd will be giving it a shot. Even though some folks have blogged that the resort it getting strict on open PDA activities, which boggles the mind, it is still a great place to let it all hang out....

P.S. Just checked out your profile pick. Now those are two great reasons why H2 is preferred.
    Ok, let's talk about PDA's at H2. We were there less than a month ago and there were daytime PDA's in the pool including several on top of the tables next to Delroy's in the nude pool, also including threesomes, swapping, etc. The Hot tub is obviously a focal point for PDA's both in the late afternoon and later at night (after 11ish or so) and there was no shortage of them when we were there. We also didn't see anyone, at any time being asked to stop whatever they were doing. The only exception to this is daytime PDA's on the beach. Keep in mind that all beaches in Jamaica are public so it makes sense that they would police daytime PDA's there, but then again, there's always the water! As long as you're not up on a raft going at it, the water can be a cool place for some fun. Yes, there are PDA's at H2! I think a lot of the things we read on here are simply based on hearsay rather than fact.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast