Thread: going off the resort!

Talking going off the resort!

If you were FORCED to leave either resort (my worst nightmare) what are some good things to check out on the island? When we were on our virgin trip to Hedo II over the summer, we only managed to leave once. We went to Rick's for a sunset. What else is there to see that are worth putting my clothes back on for?
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

we did mayfield falls one year. it was very cool but it takes most of the day. its in the middle of nowhere but its not so touristy like dunns river. hated putting the clothes on though, i know what you mean.
    youre only as old as the woman you feel!

Where at?

I long of a drive is it to the falls from Hedo II? That would be a great trip. The weird thing about going off the resort is seeing kids! We had to remember what those little people were called.
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

about 1 to 1 and a half hours. the nice thing about mayfield falls is that its in the jungle and they only take a group of about 10-12 people. after the tour, they serve a great lunch and then back to the resort. you can check at the activities office and they should have info on it.i would do it again iguess if i could find my darn swimsuit! diane loved it too.

mayfield

We did Mayfield on our prior trip (July 2001). Frankly, we didn't think the park/falls were very exciting. Our guide told us they actually scrub the rocks to keep them less slippery. But coming from Washington State, the falls just weren't that impressive and the water was kind of murky, I started worrying about accidental swallows. The lunch wasn't anything to rave about (jerk chicken and red beans). The most interesting part of the trip was to see what abject poverty most jamaicans line in, as you drive through all the little hamlets, etc.. Sad.

The best thing we did this last July was FLY from MoBay to Negril. Now I understand the road is much better than our prior trip (when it was a 3 hour kidney jarring ride from hell) but it was a really neat way to see the jamaican scenery. We flew in a Cessna 206 with TimAir, never more than 2000 feet up. Next time, I think I will charter a plane for a couple hours and "flight see" more of the island.
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

we always fly now too. its the only way to go. sorry to hear you didnt like mayfield falls. we didnt experience any of those problems. we did go a different time of the year though. maybe that had something to do with it.

When I went to Jamaica many years ago with my parents one thing we did was go horseback riding up into the mountains.

It was the least touristy thing we did, and I probably enjoyed it the most. It was just us and a couple of guides, no lame gift shop like at ricks.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing