Welcome all who snuck in without me looking ;)

1. CodePoet
    CodePoet
    Hiyas-
    I didn't know where this was going, but now that there are people here, I thought I'd say hi.

Who am I?
    Started Apple ][ development (6502 assembly) back in 1980, freshman in High School- (Commodore PET in 78).
    Jumped on Macintosh in 1984, have been going nonstop application development since then- (did some hybrid Win32 stuff on & off since 1996)
    Worked @ Apple on MacWrite II, have worked @ RealNetworks, Musicmatch, Microsoft (Mac Office), and now iPhone apps commercially.
    (5 in the store, and consulting on 2 others).

it's bizarre having been infront of a computer for 32 years of my life, watching the evolution of technology first hand, from 8" floppies & green monitors, 8K memory, through 3.5" floppies, compuserve, Arpanet, zip drives, 8M memory, SCSI, IDE, SATA, 8G memory, and now full unix machines in the palm of your hand... but it's my pasttime as well as career.
  2. CodePoet
    CodePoet
    As my signature on here says, I've been to Hedo 3 six times in the last so many years.. It was sad to see it go- Quad rocked so nicely.
    Hopefully I'll be heading back to my new home H2 come feb or mar 2011.
  3. CodePoet
    CodePoet
    I'd be interested in hearing what anyone else is into
  4. locogringo
    locogringo
    More of an infrastructure guy these days, but got my BS in 94' in your standard languages of the time - Cobol, RPG, DBase III ?!?!?!?! Honestly my Uni was so far behind the times it wasn't even funny. Luckily landed a job out of college w/ a company that got snapped up by IBM, and things fell into place afterwards.

As far as what I dabble in these days - .Net (kind of have to for the environment that I'm in), Python, and Java (the latter two to keep myself fresh).
  5. VxxRoBxxV
    VxxRoBxxV
    I'm working on my B.S. in computer science at Rutgers University in NJ. Two semesters left to go... We mainly use java.