View RSS Feed

The Travel Slut

TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1

Rate this Entry
TravelSlut's June 18-30 trip report with Krewe de Krazy Life on Trip #11
This trip report is more like a daily diary for my 11th trip to Hedonism II resort in Negril, Jamaica from June 18-30 and includes my week with the Krewe de Krazy Life (June 20-27).

Thursday, June 17 (Toga Theme Night)

Southwest Airlines #272 Orlando to Montego Bay after spending the night at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. The International check-in at end of the main area was empty and getting through security was easy. Once onboard, free drinks were offered to everyone to get the vacation started!

95 minutes later at Montego Bay the Immigration line was LONG and I was not offered the new self-service immigration kiosks but waited over an hour to get to my complete the immigration, customs and luggage retrieval.

Rocky's Taxi Service employee Santana was patiently waiting for me outside in the private transfers area and my driver Ziggy picked me up right away and had cold Red Stripe beer and bottled water waiting for me. NOTE: I have used Rocky's now for several years (and for the Krewe group also) and the results/feedback have been overwhelmingly positive. They can be contacted via their website: www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com/

The drive was 80 minutes, nice, comfy and no stops along the way and got me safely to Hedonism by 2 pm where I was greeted by several bellmen who took my 4 bags of luggage (my costumes, wigs and boots take up most of my baggage space and weight).

Since the lobby was under renovation, the new front desk/reception and check-in was in a room next to the piano bar with access to the area via the path behind the piano bar and through the new courtyard where people taking advantage of free wifi were enjoying the outdoor ambiance.

I noticed too the tours reservation desk was moved to the area next to the slot machines in between the billiards area and expanded gift shop.

I had lots of work to do online so I went to my room, (#1143 on the clothing optional side), just behind the newly renovated (and old Martinos) Pastafari Italian restaurant and then met up with the 1st of the Krewe de Krazy Life Group that had arrived.

Dinner was most excellent in Pastafari with so much service that I felt very special. Choices of lamb, filet mignon, shrimp, salmon, etc. made my choice difficult but I knew I would eating here several times during my 12 night stay so I opted for the filet and decided I would try the other entrees on subsequent dining.

Following a late dinner, and with much more work to do, I sat in the chairs under roof in the free wi-fi zone outside the piano bar and enjoyed the mainstage entertainment show music just outside the main dining area.

Once my work was completed, I returned to my room to head to the nude pool. Along the way, I stopped at Club Hurricane (the Disco/Nightclub) after midnight and saw the disco floor completely covered
in chest high foam for the Thursday night Toga-Foam theme party. Everyone seemed to be having a GREAT time and that was confirmed by speaking to several party-goers afterwards in the nude pool.

I was tired but I was able to meet up with several Krewe and friends from the Hedo Naughty Rockers Group where we caught up from last June's Hedo gathering.

I also had a veggie pizza slice freshly and expertly made at the nude pool grill and it complimented my champagne so well!

People recognized me all day and especially at night with my trademark "special dicky sippy cup) and of course, some of my special hair-looks (and in this case-purple hair).

Then it was off to the room for some much needed sleep.

Friday, June 18 (Rock Star & Groupie Theme Night)

After a restful sleep, it was a late breakfast and off to the courtyard and front desk/reception to take care of more business.

I also personally greeted all new Krewe members arriving, enjoyed a great buffet lunch in the main dining hall and met up with quite a few guests and staff members that saw me in the courtyard.

The resort announced a free catamaran cruise to Rick's Cafe about 2 pm and it was also going to include both a sunset cruise and some clothing optional snorkeling. According to some of the Hedo guests I spoke to afterwards, the cruise was simply awesome with lots of food, drinks, and fun times with music.

I made time to go to the nude pool to meet up with as many people as possible before being asked to leave near 8 pm so that staff could clean and chlorinate the pool in preparation for evening activities.
NOTE: When the elevated conversation pool stops overflowing into the main nude pool, you have less than 15 minutes to get out. Also, the nude pool grill shuts down at 6:30 pm (re-opens at midnight) and the nude pool bar closes at 7 pm and re-opens at 11:30 pm

At 8 pm, I returned to my room to prep for the rock star theme night parties and I dressed as a Dolly Parton look-alike and that made for lots of stops by people who wanted to know if I was the TravelSlut or simply to inquire who I was. I was also able to have some photos and a video taken of me in various locations (see my videos on YouTube at: Ann The TravelSlut welcomes you to Hedonism Resort in Jamaica and my photos on Twitter:http://twitter.com/TheTravelSlut and Flickr:

Dinner tonight was the special Seafood Buffet (no lobster as it was out of season) but the sauteed shrimp (cooked fresh at the back of the main grill station) was an excellent substitute. There was also plenty of freshly made sushi, various rolls, flambe desserts, martini bar) and something for everyone even if they did not want seafood-based cuisine.

The main stage had a great show featuring veteran Entertainment Crew (EC) Winston singing and dancing to many recent and vintage rock music hits. The energy and costumes were outstanding.

Following the main entertainment, it was off to the piano bar which was very full with singing guests and the requisite piano top exhibitions by various females.
NOTE: As the resort was sold out for the week it became apparent for anyone wishing to see the piano bar show and wanting a good viewing seat that getting there earlier than the 10:30 pm start time was essential.

I socialized with friends in the attached/adjacent "game room" where I was able to enjoy the lower-volume music and cool area with my champagne after obtaining the air conditioning remote control located behind the piano bar. This room later was converted to office space for the week to accomodate staff working on check-ins and check-outs among other things.

It was then off to the "prude pool" to skinny dip with friends and I did draw some attention when people wondered who was the big hair blonde in the water. This preceded a return to my room to change out of my costume and head to the nude pool after midnight to enjoy another late night pizza, meet new people from all over the world. The nightended with a short stint in the hot tub where there was again plenty of "enthusiastic" guests exploring delights at night.

Finally, off to bed as I had a big day (Saturday) planned greeting all the new arriving Krewe members and prepping for the week activities.

NOTE: Do not keep your electronic room key near your camera or cellphone as it can cause the room key to malfunction (which mine did).

I also posted several photos, tweets and videos (see links below) daily during my stay as I wanted to say hi to all my friends and Krewe de Krazy Life members and tell them a little about the 9th Annual Group Trip & Rendezvous in Paradise this week at Hedo and let those who may miss Fantasy Fest(Key West, Florida every Halloween week) 2015 or will miss Fantasy Fest 2016 that Hedo is a great substitute every June.

It is easy to compare Hedo to Fantasy Fest with its costumed theme nights, tropical delights on the beach and waters of Negril, full service restaurants, unlimited (and all-inclusive) drinks, food, snacks, non-motorized watersports, and all the nude & clothing optional fun you can imagine both day and night.

al Group Trip Adventure and Rendezvous in Paradise at Hedonism II resort in Jamaica June 2016. Email me for details

Submit "TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1" to Google Submit "TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1" to Pinterest Submit "TravelSlut's & Krewe de Krazy Life 9th Annual Hedo Trip Adventure June 2015 - Part 1" to Facebook

Comments