View RSS Feed

The Travel Slut

Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)

Rate this Entry
Many of the guests commented on how nice the new loungers were and how there were an adequate supply even when the resort occupancy was near 80% for a few of the days I was there.

Be especially careful about the wading areas of the lagoon and beach areas. Please wear aqua socks or water sandals to avoid being cut on the coral rocks or stepping on a sea urchin! It happens every time I go to Hedo and makes for some uncomfortable times for some guests.

Towel exchanges were no hassle both at the nude pool near the grill area and also at the marina’s watersports shack.

One thing I did not see this trip was anyone playing sand volleyball or playing bocce ball. Maybe I was just there at the wrong times.

I completely forgot about checking out the family of stingrays that had been seen recently at the marina dock area after dark. Oh well, their loss….lol.

I would suggest doing the complimentary snorkel trip that leaves every day from the watersports marina and dock about 2 pm and it uses one of the Hedo boats out to the Middle Sound Reef. The trip is about 90 minutes (20 minutes out, 45 minutes on the reef, 20 minutes back) and the boat trip is relaxing and the water is nice, warm and clear even if you don’t snorkel.

I was excited for those in the oceanfront nude rooms that received the new multi-jet hot tub jacuzzi’s while I was there.

I am also excited about the new wine bar addition being developed in the main dining area. I understand from talking with the bar manager that a plan to implement use of this area is pending and there may be REALLY premium wine and alcohol available for purchase or supplemental fees including high-end items like Cristal, Dom Perignon, and Opus.

I still find (and my group/Krewe will confirm) that Martino’s is a dinner venue not to be missed for both a wonderful service and great dining experience. It has a full choice of menu options and great service and all in an air conditioned environment.

Close behind Martino’s is the “new” Harry San (formerly Munasan) teppanyaki-style Japanese outdoor restaurant (off to the piano bar side of the main dining area). I especially loved it this year because I scheduled our group dinners at 7 pm so that we had plenty of time to socialize and talk (without having to shout) before the main stage entertainment started. Both nights it was also right after a thunderstorm so it was cool even around the teppanyaki grills. Consider the earliest or latest booking in order to enjoy conversations around the grill (which seat 8 to 10).

Hedo rocks: For the first time I did not update nor create a new rock but instead I commissioned a wooden plaque by woodworker Christopher who is on-property. I did find one of my older rocks just past the skybridge on the pathway to the nude pool. I also saw some very descriptive and creative rocks throughout my walks inside the resort though and I think they are a great memento to all visitors and next year I will bring a bag of rock painting paints for both me and the Krewe.

A couple miscellaneous thoughts:

EVERYONE loved the pizza served at the nude pool grill late at night & the early morning hours. It was awesome! Speaking of the grill, the fish sandwiches and jerk chicken nachos and sandwiches were a great snack in the afternoon and before dinner. I did manage to be the last out of the hot tub and pool when it closed for cleaning & chemicals about 8 pm each night.

The new white mattresses for the outdoor gazebos were well received by all and very comfortable both day and night.

The nude waterslide: it is a FAST and a quick, wild ride that ends in the disco pool. Be prepared for a dunking.

If it is raining, be extremely careful near the Hedo legend/map sign located at the end of the fitness center and entrance to the main stage area. The tiles are slippery when wet and there is a slight slope where slick-bottomed sandals or shoes may cause a fall. I witnessed at least two slips.

Also, several people took the slip/fall-plunge between the nude pool and conversation pool where the steps are depth-deceptive. Just be careful transitioning between the two pools, especially if you are under any influence from alcohol.

This trip I did get some bug bites and probably from the Super Moon night (summer solstice) where I was on the beach for 30 minutes or so without any bug repellent while taking some photos.

I rarely saw anyone take advantage of the soda and ice machine located at the rear of the nude hot tub. There is filtered water and ice which is nice to take back to your room at night.

Some of the Krewe again this year did either (or both) the catamaran to Ricks (US$55) on Thursday afternoon and the One Love Bus that does the Pub Crawl on Wednesdays. Both are nice and safe ventures off property and allow for a guest to see some of Negril and meet up with others that they might not have a chance to interact with otherwise. The Pub Crawl is free but tipping the driver is expected and paying for drinks at the various stops.

Our Krewe will consider a totem pole with names/nicknames for 2014 as crafted by Christopher, the woodworker near the nude pool. Christopher made me a commemorative wooden plaque this year that is a great representation of my TravelSlut character and it should be hanging near the nude pool bar. (If anyone can get a photo of it and email me, I would really appreciate it).

I had a few moments at Hedo this trip (again) where I created some smiles including spending an afternoon in the nude pool complete with my trademark big blonde hair and accessories. This brought me a standing ovation and applause for which I was humbled. Then some of my "Ann-tics" in the piano bar (and sideroom) apparently raised a few eyebrows...lol.

The two pool parties (thanks Hedo Naughty Rockers & Wild Women) featuring glow sticks and a "rave" atmosphere with live DJ were awesome! I hope I did not embarrass anyone that I decided to "dress up" in one of the Krewe members costumes I "borrowed". It was all meant in good nature.

In conclusion I wanted to add my updated Top 10 tips for those going to Hedo for the 1st time or anyone that is returning after a lengthy absence.

Submit "Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)" to Google Submit "Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)" to Pinterest Submit "Ann, The TravelSlut's Hedonism 7th Annual Group Trip Report (Part 2)" to Facebook

Comments