Conversation Between N_Michcpl and KareyND

7 Visitor Messages

1. Ugh! I need to find more time to research this. Fall has been crazy already!
  2. We actually looked at just booking with a local operator/dive shop at the ports, they where about $5-10 less, but most of them, you have to get from the port to their shops, hope the time works out or they leave without you. From what we had read in the excursions page about the dives and what to expect, it sounded like a 2 take dive, one on a reef and one a wreck. The pics and video look like the same places the dive shops go to, so let keep our fingers crossed...unless they are busy on board the ship!
  3. I haven't looked at the excursion all that closely, but kind of looking to confirm that it would be a dive off a boat or a shore dive. The dive shop folks in Key Largo told me they did an excursion through the ship down there and it ended up being a pitiful shore dive. They would never do it again. Although, I have to deal with my wife getting sea sick on a boat... Anything in general I guess to compare it to what could be had by contacting a dive shop down there directly. Most excursions we've done in the past, we've felt that we've gotten more for our money by going directly with the tour operator rather than through the ship.
    Nitrox? I guess that I just like a lot of O2. ;-)
    Doug (& Karen)
  4. We were thing about the snorkeling if we can't dive at Cococay also. What info on diving are you looking for? As for nitrox, I don't think they supply the mix due to the limited depth we'll be at in the area's. I searched the dive sites that the popular operator's seem to use, and most are in the 50'-60' range....not much time left, we're counting down the days!!....Glenn & Hellena
  5. We're in 6631. If we don't dive in cococay, we may see about snorkeling without paying for the excursion. Hopefully at least the food is free. I wonder if there's a way to get info on the diving like where, is nitrox available, etc.
  6. That is great! So we'll be diving together at St Thomas! We're thinking if we don't get to dive at Cococay, we might just stay on the ship and have fun. Seems like EVERYTHING else once you step of the ship will cost you in Cococay...lol....We're in Cabin 6358, where are you at?....See ya there!!...Glenn & Hellena
  7. Got your message about cococay diving, thanks. Guess we'll try and get on a wait list early. At least we're signed up for st. Thomas!
    Thanks again, Karen and Doug from KMEM
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7