Thread: Scuba Diving Charges

Scuba Diving Charges

Can anyone verify the news that the resort will include 2 free dives per stay and $49 for each dive thereafter starting in August 2022?

I usually dive everyday and bring my own equipment so it was a huge draw for me especially the first dive in the AM when the resort is quiet and boring, huh hmm, relaxing.

I get that the owners need to raise revenue, but 2 dives per STAY seems stupid. It should really be a number per NIGHT, since if I stay 14 days I get the same dives as the person who stays 7.

Anyway, I will pay, but I think the resort is getting too expensive for a lot of people. Most people just wanted hot water and working air conditioning instead of a fancy TV and lipsticked rooms for twice the price.

I think that people that go to Hedo want hot water, working air conditioning AND a beach, pool and hot tub where they can be naked and indulge in naughty things. Not many places where you can get all of those combined.

FWIW, I heard rumors that the owner (Harry) said this new policy was not going to happen.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Got back from Hedo a couple weeks ago. In speaking with a couple people there involved in these management discussions, it most likely will not happen, the decision will likely be reversed (publicly) at some point. I say "likely" because I can't guarantee the reversal, but the information comes from two very good sources, imo.
    2021 Nov 20 to Dec 4 (15 days) Hedo II (Covid pandemic)
    2020 Nov 21 to Dec 5 (15 days) Hedo II (Baz Adv Dive cert-Pandemic)
    2019 May Secrets Hideaway FL
    2019 Dec 6 to 16th (11 days) Hedo II
    2018 Dec 26 to 2019 Jan 7 Hedo II (13 days) Happy NYE
    2017 Nov 22-Dec 2: Hedo II (11 days)
    2017 Sept 14-16: Sandy Bottoms Resort
    2017 Apr 28-May 8: Hedo II (10 days perfect) New friends, experiences and great times along with OW Scuba cert
    2016 Jan 1-Jan 8: Hedo II (8 days) newbies and enjoyed

I dive twice a day and bring my own gear. I have also spent a lot of money on diver certifications with Hedo. I actually do not mind paying some, maybe the 2nd dive is a fee dive per day or something like that. I do think we need to support he resort and Harry since he is keeping the most unique resort going.

When we were looking at places to go to for a longer vacation, the fact that diving was included was the tipping point for us to push us to try Hedo again (our first visit to Hedo did not go...well...). Now we go to Hedo (and other LS locations) for other reasons, but included diving was always a nice perk. I get my diving in and the boss gets to lay out on the beach in the morning without me bothering her. Everyone wins.

Hopefully on our next trip I can get some dives in while the boss maintains her allover tan.
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

We were also there in December and I dove almost every day. There was a lot of talk about the free diving coming to an end this year but we also heard that policy had been reversed. Hopefully they leave the free dives in effect, it would significantly increase the cost of my vacation.
    Hedo ll Dec 21 to 28th, 2014
    Hedo ll Dec 13th to 27th, 2015
    Hedo ll Dec 13th to Dec 29th, 2016
    Hedo ll Dec 9th to Dec 23rd, 2017
    Hedo ll December 2018
    Hedo ll Dec 2019
    Hedo ll Dec 2021

We will be going the second week in April and I will be diving 2 dives a day and will report back. BUT from what I have heard from others is that there was enough push back when it was announced that they are not going to be changing to the only 2 free dives a week policy that was suggested. HOWEVER the thing I am really looking forward to in April is that it is on the resort activities sheet and has been confirmed with others that were on site already that we can arrange night dives again!!!! And if you have never done it I HIGHLY recommend it
    H2 3/29-4/6/14 first trip Virgins no more
    H2 4/25 - 5/3 15
    H2 4/30-5/8 16
    H2 4/29-5/7 17
    H2 4/28-5/5/18
    H2 4/27-5/4 19
    FUCK YOU RONA 20
    H2 4/10-4/19 21
    H2 4/9-4/16 22
    Hedo 4/15/ 23 - 4/22/23

We just started classes to become certified and are doing book work, classroom, & pool before we go and planning to do open water with Hedo. We are looking forward to it.

Just got back, talked to Harry. Previous manager jumped the gun on the change without getting it vetted. The 2 free pre trip policy is scrapped.

What is/will happen is that a person can put their name down in the book twice, and then after a diver sign up for another. The issue is that some large groups show up and they fill up the boat by signing up for every dive all week. The boat only can only hold so many divers (12? 15?) so people could be blocked out from diving by an open book. Also, when that group took all the spots, half the time they wouldn't show up and Hedo had planned for full boat and called in all dive masters.

I think the current plan will be fine all things considered. Sure, a larger boat and more trips would help get more divers through. We dove as much as we wanted as it was a light week, boat had 4-8 max divers any trip.