Thread: Newly divorced Hedo virgin guy looking to visit for the first time - when is best?

Newly divorced Hedo virgin guy looking to visit for the first time - when is best?

Hey, all. I'm in the process of a divorce that should be complete by early summer. When it's done, I want to do something my ex would never have even considered by going to Hedo for the first time. As the thread title says, I'll be a newly single guy (33) and on my first vacation alone. I'd like to push my limits and step outside of my comfort zone.

What is the best time of year to visit? I'm looking at a week around the July 4th holiday or a week around Labor Day. Which is better? Are there better time periods than these two? I'm looking to meet as many fun people as possible and simply chill, as I've done little of that over the past few years.

Thanks for any advice.

Blog Entries
    Halloween is a fun time to go. we have been there for halloween 2 times and we have our 3rd time coming up this year.
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it looks like all of the dates around Halloween are blacked out on the Hedo website. If you had to pick and Halloween was unavailable, would you recommend July or September?

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there....and I hope you can get away to Hedo this summer.

Of the 2 dates, I'd pick July because September is truly in the rainy/hurricane season (more than July) and there are a few more great groups in July to choose from. Be sure to confirm that the group you decide on is single-friendly.

You will miss my group by a week or two. Enjoy your anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Finallyfee View Post
    Hey, all. I'm in the process of a divorce that should be complete by early summer. When it's done, I want to do something my ex would never have even considered by going to Hedo for the first time. As the thread title says, I'll be a newly single guy (33) and on my first vacation alone. I'd like to push my limits and step outside of my comfort zone.

What is the best time of year to visit? I'm looking at a week around the July 4th holiday or a week around Labor Day. Which is better? Are there better time periods than these two? I'm looking to meet as many fun people as possible and simply chill, as I've done little of that over the past few years.

Thanks for any advice.
    I'd say Labour day...only because we go around that time...but there really is no right or wrong answer. It really depends on what works for you..
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Definitely not the first person to "celebrate" their divorce with a virgin trip to Hedo! Welcome!

Unless you're in Canada, your best bet financially would be to book through a group.
    Most groups use Wild Women Vacations, Tom's trips, Castaways, etc.
    Or, try this http://www.hedonism.com/events-entertainment/events/
    Knowing summer will be a smaller crowd, I still think you'll have a great time. But if you can, I'd suggest waiting a little longer to get you past the hurricane season. Or at least buy insurance!

Thank you all for the replies. I will look for a group and will also investigate other dates. I was only thinking of the holidays due to saving a vacation day at work.

Phillygirl22, it's interesting that summer has smaller crowds. Do you know why that is? Is it due to hurricanes, the heat, etc?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxyandhound View Post
    Halloween is a fun time to go. we have been there for halloween 2 times and we have our 3rd time coming up this year.
    for Halloween we booked with www.tomstrips.com if you wanted to go then contact them
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Thank you all for the replies. I will look for a group and will also investigate other dates. I was only thinking of the holidays due to saving a vacation day at work.

Phillygirl22, it's interesting that summer has smaller crowds. Do you know why that is? Is it due to hurricanes, the heat, etc?
    I'm always assumed it's simply that people are not looking for a warm weather destination when they have warm weather. But could also be that kids are out of school in summer, and people tend to take family vacations. I can't say for sure, but even a smaller crowd is still a crowd and fun! I would make you aware the resort changes quite a bit around the Jamaican independence day (early august). Although that could be different this year with the HUGE increase in day & night passes....

Skip August and September. At least lower your chances for a hurricane, even if it's just one near the island that trashes the weather, or the beach clutter. Late October through May are probably the best time for larger crowds, increasing eventful times.

On a side note, consider talking a female friend who has a secret itch to explore into going with you. It doesn't have to be a "date" vacation, but rather a chance to explore with a partner in crime lol... You'd be surprised who'd secretly like to go, but never brought it up from fear they would seem too naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    I'd say Labour day...only because we go around that time...but there really is no right or wrong answer. It really depends on what works for you..
    My wife and I are thinking about going around Labor Day. Is this a more low key time to go?

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    My wife and I are thinking about going around Labor Day. Is this a more low key time to go?
    We go April and Sept, April is so packed that it's like 3 people deep at the swim up bar, which is good.. Sept is low key and if it's your first time and you're unsure, it is a great time to test the waters and get your feet wet...

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Ontario, thanks for posting that. I think I will concentrate on July or perhaps late June with The Travel Slut, as I'd like a larger crowd.

Thanks again for the replies, all.

Ontario, thanks for posting that. I think I will concentrate on July or perhaps late June with The Travel Slut, as I'd like a larger crowd.

Thanks again for the replies, all.
    No problem...travel Slut is amazing as well.... She has all the knowledge with her many trips...you'll have a great time !!

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

I agree with skipping on going during the hurricane season, it's typically much more rainier, and depending on your flight, could cause you to have to cancel your trip entirely, especially if you can't get a direct flight and have a lay-over in Miami. "A bad day at hedo is still better than a great day at home" I agree with this, but excessive rain really isn't all that fun.
    4th of July, labor day and Halloween is pretty much ass to elbow. While a huge crowd can be great, it can also be a bit intimidating for your first time, especially as a guy travelling solo. Waiting in line forever for a drink can also be a drag.
    Before you go, definitely explore how to be a successful single male at hedo. How not to be a wally or vinnie. How to make friends, what to expect or not expect (sex) How to meet people in a group you book with before your trip. What to pack as a single male for dinner and possible theme nights you might want to partake in.

Hope you have a great time! I've seen a lot of people go to hedo after a divorce and have a great time... some just sorta sit on the sidelines. I hope you jump in the deep end and try to have fun. Go straight to the nude pool, get a drink and a shot and try and talk to a few friendly looking guys.