Thread: Greetings from the Lonestar State and a pair of good folks

Greetings from the Lonestar State and a pair of good folks

Hello ATF friends. We are very green to the lifestyle but anxious to begin networking, meeting, and entertaining some new, like-minded friends. We are a married, professional couple living the American Dream. If that means working long hours and raising 2 very smart and loving kids, then aren't we all living it? We are at a point in our lives that the focus is starting to shift away from school, soccer games, and a variety of time-consuming-but-worth-every-minute activities, to our specific wants, desires, and needs. We will be kicking off summer of 2016 with a long-overdue joint to Hedo 2, and hopefully between now and then can have many discussions with those who were once at the same place we are now so we can share some of our excitement with those who really understand the true meaning of "sharing".

Carl & Maddi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations ony your transition time and enjoy the anticipation for your upcoming summer trip (I'll be there with my Group June 18-25).

You will find ATF full of information and great people/groups.

Welcome. again.

Thanks. It's an exciting time for us both for sure. We haven't finalized the Hedo trip yet but are reading through the archives to see if there are better times than others to visit during the summer months. We are also considering going with a group to maximize the experience, but we will see what comes up over the next few months. it's great...M is already picking out new outfits, costumes, and adding to her army of toys.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi again....you should be excited and enjoy the anticipation ride....not as good as the actual time at at Hedo but still fun.

As for better times to go in summer....I did lots of research when I decided for our group to go the 3rd/4th week of June and I'm glad I did. Our group is able to go much easier than other times because 1) school is out for almost everyone and kids can be transferred to relatives for the week 2) It is before the true rainy/hurricane season which is at its peak mid-July to mid-October so that our week benefits from the sun, summer soltice and an occasional rain shower (in my 12 days this past June there were a total of about 4-5 hours of rain showers total) 3) The waters of the pools and Caribbean are the warmest 4) Mid-June marks the low season for both resort rates and even many airline rate so savings are a nice bonus 5) The resort during our week has sold out/nearly sold out the past two June's and the energy levels by staff and guests are pretty high.

And yes, consider a group even if for nothing more than the cost-savings for room rates and flights, plus being with a group sometimes (at least with my Krewe de Krazy Life) there are perks like gift bags with essential/helpful items, a private meet & greet party upon arrival to get to know other group members, camraderie and always someone that can offer help or socialize with, and even special group benefits--these past 2 trips I brought in our own world-famous professional bodypainter, Pashur, to do complimentary bodypaints of the lady Krewe. At least with my Krewe, we have zero mandatory requirements or obligations 24/7 because a person's time at Hedo is their own personal time for them to do as they want, when they want--or not want--to.

Anyway, there is no shortage of great people and groups here on ATF and if you are seeking more info, the links below in my signature line have some Hedo-related tips, etc.