Thread: Oct 6-14-ish....good time of year? bad time of year? hurricane season?

Oct 6-14-ish....good time of year? bad time of year? hurricane season?

Just curious. We are thinking of taking a long delayed honeymoon down there in that time frame this year and figured it might be kind of a slow part of the season. Can anyone educate please educate us?

Weather-wise, it's generally pretty hot and rains at least once a day...usually only for an hour or so. We've been the last three years during that timeframe and have become close to the "International Delights" group. These folks are GREAT! If you had any doubts about going during that week, forget them. These folks make it worth while! As for occupancy, it's been hit or miss. If memory serves, '09 and '10 were relatively slow...less than 50%...while '11 was pretty busy. We'll be there 10/3 thru 10/14. Hope to see you there!!

We live in New Orelans in the Winter, DC in the Summer
    Blog Entries
    Sept - End of October are dead in the middle of Hurricane season and the slowest time of year for the resort. (Halloween is ok) Good news is, that you should be able to find a great rate! later in Oct the better

We are planning a trip in Oct as well (10/6-10/11). Our last trip (to H3) was November, 2005 (about the same time frame). If I remember correctly, it rained about once a day back then. But the weather overall was pleasant. Also back then, H3 was pretty slow. This will be our first trip to H2, so we're excited. Mark and Jen - looking at your 2012 trip dates, we are so freakin' jealous of you guys! 3 times this year? Sweet. This October trip should be fun, with the Int'l Delights AND the Wild Women.

Thanks for the feedback all. We actually sent an email to WWV about getting in on their group rate for this time frame. Speaking of which...how do people find all of these amazing group rate deals. The prices differences between the Hedo site and what I've seen advertised by some groups (none of which seem to be within our timeline sadly) are just amazing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangbangers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback all. We actually sent an email to WWV about getting in on their group rate for this time frame. Speaking of which...how do people find all of these amazing group rate deals. The prices differences between the Hedo site and what I've seen advertised by some groups (none of which seem to be within our timeline sadly) are just amazing lol.
    We've used DennyP and Tom's Trips for our trips. Tom's is the travel agency that the International Delights group uses and they've always treated us right.

We've used All Inclusive Outlet for two of our trips. They are great too. I've great things about DennyP, and Tom's as well. This time, we'll probably book with WWV. Their initial quote was quite a bit less than Superclubs online and have been very nice to us while getting that quote. I guess the added benefit is that we can participate in some of their group gatherings, etc, if we book through them. Overall though, we'll just be glad to get back to paradise. It's been too long for us.

Fangbanger and R&D...this should be a fun little week for you guys to go. We also have been during the ID week and they are a fun group who originate from mostly Europe. A small group of the Hedo Amigos...if you count 40-50 as small, will also be on property for most of the week. We are calling it Amigo Lite and while we will not have a whole lot of activities planned...just hanging out with the Amigos is a treat in its self. Since we got so many people for this off year trip, WWV was able to get us a group rate for the week. If you have any questions just send me a PM, we would love for you to hang out with us!

Mark and Jen....it will be great to see you guys again, I didn't think we would get to see you as I saw you are going in July...must be nice to head down to JA so many times a year!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

It's great to know there will be a great bunch of people there during that week - and that's not to say there aren't usually great people there. Bah, ya know what I'm sayin'.